Curiosity

The one in the pic is Noah! I want to give a big thanks to @sweetsonja and @Beatfreak505 for commenting it really means a lot to me. Thanks guys!
-Andri

I pull the piece of paper with Kyle's number out of my pocket, I am debating if I should text him or not. I know that he asked if we could be friends and I said yes but I still get a weird vibe from him. It is kinda like my brain is sending off a signal saying that he is bad news and I don't want to get involved but at the same time I want to know what Kyle is up to. I take out my phone and type in Kyle's number and text him.

Jesse - "Hey Kyle, it is Jesse. I figured I would text you and give you my number since we are friends now. Kyle - "How sweet of you. Now it saves me the trouble of trying to get you to give it to me next time you stop by to get ice cream." Jesse - "Apparently I aim to please :D So what's up" Kyle - "Working .-. It is so boring here you should come back and keep me company." Jesse - "Yea, sure I'll just get in the car and drive there now." Kyle - "Really?!" Jesse - "Nope :P I was being sarcastic" Kyle - ":( That was mean I really wanted you to come by. Would you come by if I offered you free ice cream?" Jesse - "I think I could be persuaded." Kyle - "Then get your butt over here and get some free ice cream." Jesse - "But I have to get someone to drive me there.-." Kyle - "Just ask someone to bring you here, I need you to save me I'm dying from boredom." Jesse - "Fine, I'll be there soon. Bye."

He doesn't text back. My trap is set, now I can find out more about him and see why he gives me such a bad vibe. I walk downstairs and find Noah and ask if he can give me a ride back to Dairy Queen. He doesn't even ask why, just grabs his keys and motions me to follow him. I yell for Liam to tell Alex that I went out and that I'll be back if she comes back, he just yells back ok and I quickly follow Noah out the door.

Noah drives me there and I tell him that he can go back home and I'll find my own way back. He looks at me funny and asks "Are you sure?" I just nod my head and he says ok and then leaves. I walk inside and Kyle comes in from the back. As soon as he sees me he comes towards me and gives me a big hug, well isn't he really friendly. I hug him back awkwardly and we break apart a couple seconds later. He looks at me giving me a wide smile and asks "So, what type of ice cream would you like?" I laugh and say "I think I'm gonna wait on that ice cream I had some not too long ago and I'm a bit full right now, I'll probably have it later."

Kyle says ok then he motions for me to sit down somewhere, I pick a spot and he sits across from me. I guess since there is no customers it is fine that he's sitting with me. He just stares at me and I ask him "So...What do you want to talk about?" He answers back "How about we talk about you? I would love to know more about my new friend." I avert my eyes to the table and say "Well there isn't much to tell about me. I'm a Sophomore at Western High School, I'm 16, I used to be a football player, my best friends name is Alex, and as I told you earlier I have a boyfriend." Kyle asks "Can I know your boyfriends name?"

I stare at him and ask "Why are you so determined to know his name? It's not like you'll know him anyways." He says "I want to know his name just to see if I know him or not." I say "Fine, his name is Christopher Reed, and he is 16 years old just like me." Kyle looks at me shocked and asks "Have you seen him shirtless?" I blush and nod my head and then he asks "Did he happen to have an upside down "V" scar on his back?" I stay silent and Kyle laughs and says "I'm going to take your silence as a yes. I'm going to ask you another question. Do you know what he is?" I nod my head and Kyle smiles like a crazy person and says something under his breath about this being perfect. What is he even talking about?

Then Kyle asks something completely unexpected, he asks "What would you do if I said I was sort of the same thing?" I look him straight in the eye and say "I'd ask you to prove it." He nods his head and says "Well I only have to work for another 10 minutes until another guy gets here to take my place. After I get off we'll go somewhere and I'll show you the proof you need." Somebody walks inside and Kyle gets up to help whoever is there. I'm left alone in my thoughts. Could Kyle really be an angel just like Chris and Marek? If he is...Why does he give me such a terrible vibe? Why do I feel like I should tell Marek about this?

Kyle comes back and I try to make normal conversation again. I ask him "What's your last name?" He asks me "Are you sure you wanna know?" I nod my head and he says "My last name is Reed. Now that you know that, I might as well tell you that I'm an angel too and Christopher's older brother." No it can't be Chris would've told me about something like this, he would've told me that his brother who is also an angel was here. Why didn't he tell me? Something isn't right about Kyle I just haven't figured out exactly what yet.