Sadness

*WARNING*
THE FOLLOWING PART IN THIS STORY WILL INCLUDE SENSTIVE CONTENT!
PLEASE DON'T READ IF YOU THINK YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT!

Sorry for to tell you this, but this is going to be a short chapter. To be honest this part really does make me sad so I just want to get through it. There will be major feels regarding Derek in this chapter. I also sincerely promise that next chapter will be happy.
-Andri

I found Derek sitting on the patio. As soon as I saw him I sat down next to him. He took a side glance at me and asked "How did it go with your father?" I take a deep breath and say "By standing up to him I felt like I had been set free." Derek gives a little smile and I say "If you don't mind me asking, how is it that you understand what I'm going through?" Derek's eyes get a bit watery and he says I'll tell you.

*Derek's Past*
Age 1-5:
My mother was alive she would protect me from the monster. I saw the monster punch my mother and he hurt her a lot.

Age 6-8:
"Daddy please don't hit me again."
I would beg and ask the monster, my father to stop hitting me. But my dad wouldn't stop. When he hit me enough he would rape me. It hurt, I couldn't stop crying, there was nothing I could do. I didn't know why my father did these things to me.

Age 9-16:
I learned to stop begging and asking for the monster to stop because he liked it when I did. I learned to stop fighting and just accept it. I still didn't know why my dad beat me and raped me.

Age 17:
I met Liam Berman, your uncle and he insisted on being my friend. I quickly turned him down because my father would be angry. Liam ended up showing his face at my house and father hit him. Then that night father took the rest of his anger out on me.

Age 18:
Liam still tried to become my friend but I would constantly ignore him. I didn't want my father to hit him again. I was almost finished with high school and as soon as I graduated my father wouldn't be able to come near me anymore. I would go to college and make something of myself.

A month before graduation my father came in my room to beat me and rape me. Telling me that it was an early graduation present. He messed me up pretty bad and the next day Liam saw one of the many bruises that my father had given me. Liam called the cops on my father and the police took him away.

Age 19:
My father had a trial and he was convicted they put him in jail and I was happy. I stayed with Liam and his family until I graduated and my father ended up committing suicide in prison.
*End of Derek's Past*

After hearing Derek's story I couldn't help but cry. He had it so much worse than me and his dad really did need some mental help. He molested his own child, it is disgusting and terrible what he did. What kind of father would ever do that to their own flesh and blood. I wish his father wouldn't have been able to take the easy way out I wish he would've rotted away in a prison cell. I pull Derek into a hug and squeeze him real tight he understands me but I can't understand him, I don't know how he was able to overcome something so horrible. He must really be strong, I'm glad to call him my uncle, I'm glad that he's my family.