Poptarts

(It's pretty much going to be Jesse's P.o.v from now on unless I say it's going to be someone else.)

After first hour passed second hour wasn't any better my teacher Ms. Knowles made me partner up with one of my old football team members Jeffrey, we used to be best buds. He would come over to my house and we would play video games, I even slept over his house once after an away game against Cypress our enemy school. We won the game, but I was so tired I asked if I could sleepover his house because I knew my dad wouldn't pick me up I would have to walk home. Jeffrey said sure and everything was fine between us until the secret of me being gay got out then Jeffrey accused me of trying to rape him when I slept over his house.

Also all of second hour Chris was sitting behind me and he kept asking for my help with the 10 questions we had to do on World War I(WWI) I mean I think he just wanted to talk to me because all the answers are in the book he really only just had to look, Chris even asked me"When was WWI started?" I mean that was the easiest question on the whole paper. I'm snapped out of my thoughts by my third hour teacher Ms. Ayafor she's doing one of her daily lectures that usually end up putting at least half the class to sleep. For this hour Chris decided to sit next to me because Ms. Ayafor doesn't care where you sit as long as you don't talk. Which means pretty much the whole class is sitting next to their friends texting away, luckily I only have like 10 minutes left before the bell rings and I get to leave this class and meet Alex at lunch.

Ms. Ayafor is just done with her lecture and tells all of us to start working on our summaries and vocabulary for the next chapter, which is kind of stupid because it makes no sense to get everything out for only 10 minutes. While we're working she has her phone in one of the drawers of her desk and she tries to play it off that she's looking for something not that she's texting but she does this so often that you know she can't be doing anything else. The bell finally rings signaling that it's time for lunch so I gather up my stuff in my book bag and meet Alex where I usually meet her so we can walk to lunch together.

As we're walking to lunch I talk to Alex about Chris I even tell her how I thought his lips were delicious that's when Alex asked"Delicious lips? Why? Do they taste like poptarts?"(This line is just for you Music505)Really this chick....I love her like a sister but she's a poptart freak, "No Alex his lips did not taste like poptarts I meant they looked delicious." She gave me the disappointed face and I say"But if I were to kiss him I'm sure his lips would taste like poptarts." You can't even imagine how big she was smiling right then, she was like Jeff the Killer smiling. This girl is seriously a poptart freak so much so that I think if a poptart was stuck in the vending machine I think she would use all her energy just to try to get it out, actually she has done that before never mind.

Alex and me make it to our usual spot in the lunch room, there is so much noise in the cafeteria that it's giving me a headache, I try to just sit down and ignore it though. I feel a presence beside me thinking that it's Alex I look up from the table with a smile but once I see that it's Chris I say"What are you doing here I told you that you don't want to hangout with me that I'll ruin your reputation." He says" I don't care about my reputation I'm not some superficial prick that only cares about dating the right people and being friends with certain people, I would like to be able to chose my own friends and I chose to be your friend Jesse I don't care if all the people in this school hate me for it because I've chosen for myself and I like you Jesse and I would like to know you better as a friend."

I can't let him get to me because I'll be gone soon enough and I don't want to add another friend/possible boyfriend to the list of people that will miss me I just can't make that list bigger and I can't not kill myself because my dad might kill me slowly if I don't. I look at Chris with tears in my eyes and say"I'm sorry I just can't be friends with you I'm no good, I'm poison you don't need someone like me in your life I'll ruin it because I'll let you in and as soon as I get home I'll have to deal with my dad and he'll hit me and hurt me and I'll eventually just give up but before it gets to that point I'll end my life it's better to do that than to slowly die." I can't believe I just told Chris a total stranger everything I couldn't tell my bestest friend in the whole world, Chris looks at me with such sadness in his eyes and I look for Alex but she's no where to be found.

The bell rings and I look away from Chris and make my way to Alex's fourth hour which is Ms. Ayafor I see her talking to some hot guy I wait until they're done talking and he walks away before I grab Alex by the arm and say"Who was that hot guy you were talking to?" She looks away for a second then says"He said his name was Marek and that he's new here and he needed to find Mr. Bonnett's class, he came and talked to me during lunch when I was buying my poptart and he said he loves poptarts and I was like me too but anyways while we were talking I told him to wait by the vending machines and you would find him, I said that you would take him to Bonnett he thanked me and asked if it was ok to walk me to class and I said sure and when he was leaving he said he would see me later and then took off towards the vending machines." I raise an eyebrow at Alex and say"Oh so he'll see you later."she blushes and I laugh then give her a hug and run towards the vending machines.

I see hotness leaning on one of the snack machines and I say"So Marek you've been waiting for me to take you to Bonnett." he nods his head yes so I start walking and I know he's following, trying to make conversation I say"So you like my friend Alex right, she's the one that told you where to meet me and you said you'd see her later." He actually talks this time and says"Yeah I like her she's really cute and nice also she loves poptarts just like me." Marek talks different then he looks I mean Marek looks like a hard ass and he talks like a nice sweet guy, just the type of guy I would approve of for my Alex. We make it to Bonnett's class right when the bell rings and I see Chris and he's looking at something but he's not looking at me he's looking at Marek and he has a look that says what are you doing here, a look that proves they know each other I just sit down anywhere making sure to sit as far away from Chris as I can and just listen to Bonnett talk because he's always really funny when he talks always telling jokes.

I Feel a pair of eyes on me but I just keep listening to Bonnett and ignore it. Bonnett says that we are watching"Whose Line Is It Anyway?" I just get comfortable and start getting ready to laugh because you can't help but laugh at this show. We watch a couple of episodes and then the bell rings signaling that it's time for fifth hour I gather my things and rush out the door to meet Alex because she and I have fifth hour together. I find Alex waiting for me at the foot of the stairs and I walk up the stairs with her following closely behind me we make it inside Mr. Cox's classroom and me and Alex both say"Hi Mr. Cox" we take our seats and I see Chris and Marek walk through the door good for Alex she has hotness in this class and her best friend.