Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

Unknown POV

I watched him as he entered the school. The way his hair bounced with every step he took, and the way his eyes glittered in the sunlight. I hated this boy, yet I was infatuated with him. Still, this didn't change anything. I was supposed to watch him, see any changes within him and then when the time came kill him. Could I do it? I think I could.

He passed by me, but wasn't paying any attention. He seemed wrapped up in something else. He was reading a book, I really couldn't tell what it was but it must have been interesting because he hasn't looked up from it since he walked on campus. He bumped into a girl, and she grabbed him and shook him around a little. He laughed, and put the book in his backpack before hugging the girl. She was pretty, but her beauty didn't outshine Luke's. I shook my head, and rubbed my temples. I wasn't supposed to even feel this way toward him. He was a guy, and he was on my list to take out. I growled, and walked down the opposite way of the hallway.

Luke's POV

" Oh my gosh! You don't even look like you got hit by two cars. " Rachel told me, she was hugging me tight, and my breathing was starting to slow.

" Rachel... Can't...breathe..." I managed, and she laughed.

" Sorry:"

I smiled, this girl was something. I had spent another day reading the book that my parents left me behind. It was really something new for me and I couldn't help but want to know more. This also allowed me to feel at least a little closer to them, as if they were still here with me. It was also hard to believe that I had met them again even after they died. The box they had given me allowed me to contact them whenever I needed them, but they told me to only use it when I really needed to. Part of me wished I could use it all the time, but even those small moments I'm allowed I cherish because I get to see them again.

" Um, hello? Earth to Luke?" Rachel said, breaking into my thoughts. I turned and looked at her. " Wow, you never listen. Okay so like later there's going to be a bonfire at the beach... Take me?"

I could only laugh. " Sure, do I have to go?"

She gave me this evil grin and I knew what her answer would be. I just groaned before she even replied, and shook my head.

" Okay okay, but I'm not dressing up for this."

" Be at my house at 7, and please don't get hit by anymore cars." She said before running off to her class. I chuckled and entered my first period. We had a sub, so we ended up watching a movie. I sat in the back of the class, and took out my book. It was bright enough so that I could still read it, but dark enough that the teacher wouldn't see me doing so. Inside the book there was everything, from spells to instructions to a glossary explaining things I've only thought to be fairy tales. It spoke of werewolves, and vampires, demons and other could creatures.

I skimmed though some of the pages, and it dwelled deeper into the makings of magic, from dark magic to normal magic. I really didn't know there was a difference, but after reading about it, I understood a little about how and why there was a difference. It wasn't long before class was over, and I was heading out to another class. The day seemed to go on by pretty fast, and in no time it was already lunch. I grabbed some food, and sat next to Rachel at our regular spot. I wasn't there long before I felt a tap on my shoulder, and I looked up.

" Is it okay if I sit here?" It was Alexander, and Rachel was glaring daggers at him. I smiled and nodded.

" Yeah." I said, and he sat down and laid his tray down next to mine.

" I never got to thank you for telling my family that I was in trouble. I could have probably died, and if you weren't such a stalker then I don't know if I'd be here right now."