Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Luke's POV

It's been a week since the incident with my aunt and Darren. Me and Nick have just been recuperating, and spending time together. He hasn't left my side since he brought me home. We only stayed at my house for the night and we moved to his pack house. It's safe to say there's a little tension going on between Nick and his father.

I think it has something to do with us being mates. Still, Nick has been shielding me from everyone. Even when Alex and Cayden came to say that they were leaving to start their own lives, Nick was hesitant to let them come too close.

" Really? You won't let me see him !" That was Cayden, getting his usual angry attitude.

" I can't trust anyone, we need to lay low for a while and for all I know anyone can be in the organization. I'm just being safe." Nick shot back.

" Look Nick, you know that we both care about him a lot and I doubt that were with the same organization that kidnapped us as well." Alex was always the sensible one.

Nick let them through, and Cayden came over to me and hugged me. I was a little shocked, he openly showed affection without a smart remark. I hugged him back.

" Where will you guys go?" I asked.

Cayden smirked.

" You know me, wherever the wind blows. Stick to the shadows for now, and when things clear up, I'll be reeking havoc again."

Alex snorted, " And remember Luke I'm the level headed one, so ill make sure the wind blows us to the appropriate places."

I nodded, they gave me a phone.

" If you need help or need to contact us, here this phone is a tracphone and won't easily be traced. Ring us up time to time or if you need backup." Alex said.

They were really leaving, and tears began to fall from my eyes. This was so surreal, to think almost a year ago I didn't know any of these people and now I feel so close and don't wanna loose them.

" You're not loosing us, we're always gonna be here." Alex said as if he were reading my mind.

I hugged him and he hugged me back.

It wasn't long before they had to leave and I watched two of the closest people in my life walk out of it.

Nicks POV

Me and my father have been arguing non-stop since me and Luke came back. I told him about what Luke had told me about the organization and my father boasted that there were no such thing.

" Dad!... I mean Alpha, there is a group out there that does exterminate our kind and Luke's and any other supernatural beings out there. You have to believe me , and as much as I'd like to mate with Luke and take my place as Alpha ...." I paused trailing off. My father looked at me like I was insane, most likely already knowing what I was about to say.

" I can't, my mate comes first. If I were to loose him because you couldn't believe me then I'd never forgive myself or YOU. Right now is not the right time to take over the Pack and i promise I will but me and my mate need to lie low for a while, so this can all blow over. I need you to respect that and you are. Even if you don't believe me."

My father was about to object and probably tear me a new one when my mother stepped in.

" Dear, I'm afraid his mind is already made up. I believe our son and if he needs us to hold down the fort here, then that's what we will do. Look at him, he's thinking about the good of the pack as well. If this organization he was talking about is indeed real then that will put us at risk, and if by taking himself and Luke into hiding means were safe then we must do as he says." She said as she rubbed his arm.