Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Luke's POV

" Mom!! " I screamed, snapping out of my rest. I had to get back to her. She needed me! I scrambled off of the table I was on and hit the ground with a hard smack.

" Luke! Don't move! You've been unconscious for 2 days. "

I heard Nick before I saw him, and knew he was going to try and stop me.

" NO!" I screamed, energy surging from me and sending him falling.

No one was going to stop me from saving my mom. Not even my mate. I scrambled up and ran for the door, I needed to get to the box. Suddenly, Alex stood in my way. I glared at him.

" I can't let you leave, we have to check you first." He told me. I frowned.

I placed my hands on his chest and said a couple of words I had memorized from my spell book and he dropped to the ground. I then stepped over him and out of the door. I broke into a run, if I kept at this pace I would be home in no time.

Suddenly, this soothing familiar feeling washed over me, and caused me to stop. I turned and saw Cayden holding my arm. I was going to glare at him, but then he shot me a sympathetic look.

" You have to let me go back to her, you saw her... She needs me..." I said, sadness filling me. He nodded and pulled me closer to him.

" I saw everything, but she is stronger then you think. What she needed was for us to get out of there. Do you think she would want you to come back after she just got impaled for you?" He told me.

I began to cry, he made complete sense but it still hurt knowing that my mom was there fighting by herself. It then hit me that I didn't know as much as I had thought. My parents had tried to tell me to learn about being a witch by myself and all I knew how to do was move things and push people around. Not to mention the small little spells that couldn't help me when I was in danger. I was so unprepared.

* * * * * * *

I don't know how long it was before I finally stopped crying, I didn't even know when Cayden had taken me back to get inspected. I had totally overshot the fact that I had dodged death yet again. All Naya had to say about it was me and Caydens energy seemed to grow more alike while we were 'dead'.

Nick hadnt stopped apologizing since i came back, and I told him a thousand time that I had already forgiven him. I just needed a little time to myself to work on me. He understood yet he kept saying I was going to reject him, and it scared him alot since we hadnt actually mated.

I just reassured him, but I needed time to myself and I needed to get back into feeling like a normal teen. I had missed alot of school and I had Naya call in for me and ' explain ' about my ' absence '. I planned to go to school the next day, which was Wednesday, and put myself back into schedule.

The rest of the day consisted of studying in my spell book. I was going to get better and I was going to be a force to be reckoned with and when I was strong enough I was going to go check on my mother.

Wednesday rolled around and i drove to school. Upon pulling up, everything seemed so different, the atmosphere was thick with it's own tension. I got out and watched everyone. The jocks playing catch in the front of school, while the cheerleaders gossiped on the steps. Nerds rushing into school as others just took up random space around.

I walked into school and even with everything that had happened to me, I hadn't changed. I was still a nobody and invisible to others. My hair had gotten longer and I thought about cutting it. I was almost to my first hour class and heard an earsplitting scream. I turned in time to see a blur of a girl as she tackled me to the ground.