Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Luke's POV

I sat in Nicks car as we drove to his home. I could see his nervousness and it hit me in waves. I had never seen him so worked up, but because of the occasion I understood completely. As for me, I was shitting bricks. I was meeting his parents. The people who raised him, and on top of that think he's straight. I wasn't a werewolf so I didn't know much about their customs when it came to same sex mates and from the way Nick was gripping the steering wheel, it seemed as if he didn't know what awaited us as well.

The drive felt like it was taking forever but even forever had a time limit when we pulled up to his pack house. Nick parked and turned off his car. I was about to get out when he stopped me, and turned me to face him.

" You okay ?" He asked me. I tried to give him a reassuring smile, but after everything that had recently happened I was unsure. It seemed as if he saw it as well because he cupped my face and kissed my lips. The kiss was quick but put me to ease.

" Look luke, you're my mate and I love you. So no matter how my parents react I will always stand by you. Even if they strip me of my Alpha status ill stay by you. You are my world and ill never hurt you."

Hearing those words gave me strength that I didn't know I had. Then it hit me, Alpha! I had forgotten he had told me he was the next to be in line to be Alpha. That meant that his father was the Alpha now. The added pressure of trying to impress the Alpha of a pack gave me a slight headache. He got out of the car, and walked over to my side and opened it for me. A blush crept across my face and as he shut the door, he slipped his hand into my own and gave mine a reassuring squeeze.

Nicks POV

They could smell us, and I could feel the anticipation floating through the air. I gulped but had to be strong because Luke was starting to panic. We walked up to my house, and the thumping in my chest began to cease. This was my mate, not some random stranger i was going to plow through. My parents should accept it no matter what, they were my parents after all.

When we reached the front door, I felt Luke stiffen. I opened the door and the smell of food hit my nose. My mother must have been slaving over the stove since I told her about my mate coming over. So many different aromas filled the air, but they mixed perfectly.

" Mom, Dad... I'm back!" I called out. I felt them before they actually came out. By that time, Luke had let go of my hand and slipped a little ways away from me. A pang of hurt crossed my heart, but I covered it up. As my mother and father entered the living room, i could feel my father becoming uneasy.

" Oh gosh, where is she??!" My mother gushed, looking around. I almost laughed, seeing my mother so hyped up, and me about to crush it would have been some weird comedy if i weren't the one starring in it.

I cleared my throat.

" Thats what I wanted to talk to you about." I said.

My father and mother enveloped me in a hug.

" Dont tell me she's rejecting you ?" My mother asked. I scoffed, and pulled away.

" No, mom... It's not that... My mate isn't a girl." I said. Confusion covered my parents face, and I doubted if I should keep going on, but kept going anyway.

" My Mate is a guy, and he's amazing. He's sweet, kind, and the center of my world."

I turned to face Luke, and his face was a shade of red.

" Mom, dad... This is my mate Luke Evans."

Both my parents were still, faces emotionless. My father then suddenly reached out and snatched my mate toward him. I growled instinctively and was about to attack until my father cut me off.