Tall Boy

TRIXIE'S POV:

"I love you too, Mom" I said, putting the phone down on the counter. I poured myself a glass of orange juice as I heard Daisy running downstairs.

"Trixie I don't wanna go school!" she shouted, closing the door behind her quickly.

"Daisy!"

Hendrix's voice boomed from upstairs and I looked over at her, crossing my arms. She gave me a pleading look, her hands clasped together. I got my keys with one hand and opened the door with the other.

"I'll take her!" I called to Hendrix upstairs. Daisy groaned and dropped to the floor to have a tantrum.

"Daisy!" I took ahold of her hands and dragged her up, Hendrix coming downstairs to give me her bag. I took it and he picked her up, taking her out to his car. I threw on a jacket and followed them out.

"You're shirtless, go inside" I said, tapping his back as he closed the passenger door on Daisy.

"Yeah but you love that" he smirked, placing his hands on my hips. I opened my mouth to intervene but a girl ran past, she was on a morning jog but also stared at Hendrix's body.

"Trix-"

I grabbed his chin and pulled his face towards me, kissing his lips passionately as she cursed under her breath and continued. He smirked against my lips, snaking an arm around my waist to pull me closer.

"Ew!" shouted Daisy, opening the passenger door to knock Hendrix from behind. I laughed at her petty attitude and pushed him away gently.

"Be back quick" he whispered, brushing his lips against mine. I smiled softly, pecking them quickly.

"I love you too" I said, letting go of him and walking to my side of the car. He walked back inside, closing the door behind him.

"I don't wanna go school" whined Daisy "all the girls there are mean and I hate it so much"

"What?" I pulled out of the driveway and looked over at her "girls are mean to you?". I looked over at her as we slowed for the lights.

"Yeah but don't tell Hendrix" she said quickly, scratching the back of her neck nervously.

"Why not?"

"Cause he's gonna go crazy like he always does and it's super embarrassing" she sighed.

"Daisy he's your brother, that's his job" I said, laughing softly as we pulled up to her school. I got out the car, going over to her side and helping her out. She took a deep breath, looking over at a group of girls.

"Hey, look at me" I said, tilting her face slightly "you have the best day, okay? Let me and Hendrix deal with this, it'll all be okay soon, alright?"

"Okay, love you" she said, kissing my cheek. I smiled as she ran away to join a different huddle of girls who welcomed her with hugs and excited squeals.

There was a brown haired girl, across the playground. She was in the huddle of girls who were glaring in Daisy's direction. It took me ten seconds to figure out she was the ringleader.

"Ellie"

I turned around to see a tall boy walking past me to the brunette tween. He looked similar to Hendrix but there were vague differences. His bad skin, the messy hair which didn't flatter him. I watched as he handed his sister a juice box and crackers before saying goodbye and walking back.

"You know" I said, loudly as he walked past "you should really teach your sister some class"

"Excuse me?"

I heard his voice from behind me. I turned to face him, my arms crossed over my chest as I took a step closer. He raised an eyebrow.

"You heard me" I unlocked the car, walking over to my side. But he caught my wrist as I passed him. Holding it tightly, he pulled me closer.

"Excuse you?" I glared at him. I'd never adopted hate for someone this quickly. His brown eyes bored into mine, as he looked down at my lips. I watched as his own lips curved upwards into some kind of smirk.

"Watch your tone with me, Trixie Polibio"

His voice sent a shiver through me. The way he said my name so confidently sent me through a nerve-wracking sensation.

"How do you know my name?" I narrowed my eyes at him whilst still trying to pull my wrist away. But he only held on tighter, the smirk remaining.

"And I'd stop resisting if I were you" he whispered, moving his face closer to me "you're not stronger than me, little girl". I stayed still, half in shock half in fear. Our faces, inches apart, I'd forgotten that we were standing in a regular parking lot.

"What do you want?" I mumbled, becoming impatient and annoyed with his mind games.

"Honestly?" he asked. I rolled my eyes internally, feeling my wrist start to ache before nodding my head and waiting for him to proceed.

"I want you, of course" he said casually "but that can't happen since you're unfortunately with Hendrix, so let's go to the second thing I want"

I snatched my wrist back, staring at him in disgust.

"Are you kidding me?" I said, trying not to shout "why are you acting like this is a normal conversation, you sound like a fucking psycho!". I watched as he laughed quietly, opening my car door.

"Says the one who is doing the school drop off in her pyjamas" he said "but okay, I'm the psycho"

I looked down to see my nightwear still on, I was too lazy to actually get changed since this was supposed to only be a 10 minute activity.

"You know what-"

I looked up again to see he was gone, without a sound or trace, vanished. As if it was a daydream. I shook my head, getting in the car and starting the engine. I'd never felt so uneasy in all my life.

Maybe it was the chocolate I ate before bed.

A/N: so I'm officially back, can we just pretend this was my opening chapter for the book? Dismiss everything else that happened ty💕