The Ball - Part Two

MATTIA'S POV:

"ARE YOU KIDDING?"

I practically jumped out of my skin, dropping chips all over myself and the couch. I turned around to see Liv standing behind me, her hair put up in curlers and her makeup done. She looked mad. Yay.

"What-"

"MATTIA THE COUCH-"

"STOP YELLING"

"LOOK AT THE TIME-"

I looked at the time, it was 5pm. I had no idea what we were talking about. Oh. I grabbed my phone to look at the date.

"Hm" I tried to figure out if May 20th was of any significance to me or Liv.

"What the hell are you doing?" Liv said, coming over to look at my phone "Mattia, I'm so-"

"Anniversary?" I asked, watching her frown. No.

"What-"

"Birthday?"

"Mattia-"

"Trixie's birthday?"

"MATTIA"

"Whaaatttt, woman? What is it, I don't know what day it is" I leaned into her, burying my head into her neck as I pet out an annoyed groan. I heard her sigh and hold my head up with her hands.

"Mattia, the mafia ball is today" my eyes widened as she finally made sense "and it starts in an hour"

"Oh shit" I said, looking down at the chips all over the carpet. Liv rolled her eyes and walked out, telling me to hurry up. I cleaned up the living room, walking out to see a soldier waiting by the stairs.

"Did you need something?" I asked, watching him take a notebook and pen out "oh shit, rules"

He nodded, waiting patiently for me to speak.

"Just watch the house, we don't have any active missions at the moment. Watch the weapons downstairs of course. And tip off the alarms if something happens, keep your alarms on too, you'll get an alert if anything happens there"

He nodded, getting everything written down as I started making my way upstairs to get changed. I walked into our bedroom to see a suit laid out on the bed for me. I sighed and started getting ready.

"Baby, this came for you"

I was pulling my shirt on as Liv walked into the room, holding a medium sized black box. I smirked and walked over to her, reaching out and closing the door behind her.

"Open it, baby"

She looked confused but I placed my hands underneath the box for her as she lifted the top. She looked up at me for reassurance but I nodded, letting her continue. She pulled out the papers and the protective sheets until she saw it.

"You bought a gun?"

She looked up at me, trying to act impressed with the solid gold gun in front of her. I smirked as her expression went blank for a second.

"Read it, my love"

She carefully took the gun out, holding it in her hands and reading the name that was engraved along it. The name that was forever engraved across my heart.

"My name.." she whispered, her fingers tracing the engraving, her smile slowly reaching her eyes.

"Your name" I said, placing my hands on her waist and pulling her closer. She smiled up at me, kissing my lips softly as her arms travelled around my neck.

"I love it, Mattia" she broke the kiss and handed me my gun, her eyes lingering on it for a second.

"I thought you would" I said, kissing her cheek and slowly moving my lips down to her neck "how long do we have?"

She tried to fight me off but gave in quickly when a soft moan slid from her lips 'baby, we have no time'.

"Then make time" I let out a low growl, pushing her back against the door and lifting her leg up to my waist. Her hands found my back the same time my tongue found a soft spot on her neck.

"We have...gonna be late...don't stop"

I smirked against her skin as I pulled back, walking to the bed and continuing to get changed. She glared at me from the other side of the room. In her black dress with one strap slightly lower than it should've been. I cleared my throat as she went to fix it.

"No, keep it like that" I said, going over to her and pulling it down again. I moved my lips closer to her ear as she tried to object "people won't ask why we're late then, will they?"

I saw her cheeks flush a bright red as she pushed me away from her. She went to grab my tie and came back, wrapping it around my neck.

"Behave yourself, our daughter will be there tonight"

I rolled my eyes, of course she had to kill the mood like that "yeah with that fuckin' Rosario kid"

"Don't do that, I thought we were past this"

"Nah" I shook my head "I won't ever forget what his family did to my son-"

"Our son" she interrupted, immediately making me feel bad "I think you're forgetting who gave you that son, Mattia"

"I'm sorry" I said, wiping a hand over my suddenly flushed face "I just get so protective over him and Trixie and her being there with him-"

"He's not them, baby" she said, holding my hands "he never has been and he never will be. Hell, he won't even let Daisy be like them". She was right about that but my father instincts would never let me admit it.

"Okay, we should go" I said, pulling on my suit jacket and putting the gun in the inside pocket.

"Mattia!" Liv pointed at my jacket "it's a no weapon policy! You're gonna get us banned and NJ13 cut off"

"You really think I'm gonna let our daughter stand in a room full of deadly mafias and not be ready to kill for her? I don't care who's her little fucking date"

"But Mattia-"

"Matter of fact, remember when you thought you were gonna kill me back when you were working against Mar? Did you not bring a knife to the ball?"

She glared at me "if anything happens-"

"Nothing will happen, baby" I held her hand and kissed it "I've done it before and I'll do it again, now come on".