Turbulance

NARRATION

Trixie awoke to a door opening to the bedroom but kept her eyes glued shut. From all the shuffling that was going on in the bathroom she could tell it was Hendrix, she wondered what he'd lost this time.

She kept her eyes shut when he walked back into the bedroom, throwing his clothes onto the floor and climbing into bed next to her. 

"How long did I sleep for?" she thought aloud, her hand reaching out and grabbing her phone from the nightstand. 

"4 hours" said Hendrix, interrupting her trail of thought "thanks for all the help" 

Trixie froze, perplexed to see he was still holding the attitude he'd given her earlier. Slowly sitting up so she could see him, she pulled the covers away from him. 

"Are you mad at me?" she asked. He scoffed, pulling the covers back over his head. 

"Hendrix!" 

"What!?" 

His voice was loud when he sat up in a second. It made Trixie jump slightly since he'd only yelled at her twice in their relationship. The first time, 5 hours ago. The second time, well, need not more be said. 

"Don't scream at me" she said in a low voice, her bottom lip quivering slightly. She watched his nose scrunch up as he grimaced at me. 

"Don't scream at you? Do you even know why I'm yelling at you?" 

"No but if we talk it out-"

"Talk it out?" he laughed, almost as if he couldn't believe what she was saying. He got out of bed, travelling to the middle of the room so he could pace back and forth. 

"Hendrix.."

"No, lets' talk it out, come on" he said, using his hand to gesture at her. She bit the inside of her cheek, she'd never seen him like this and it was scaring her. 

"I don't wanna talk-"

"No I wanna talk about it" he said, walking over to her. He brought his face close to hers until they were inches apart from each other. 

"Why don't we talk about how you've been screwing other guys whilst I've been busting my ass for this fucking mafia?"

She froze. Surely she'd misheard him. Surely. Her eyes widened as he let out a laugh, shaking his head and walking back to where he was stood before, talking about how he "knew it". But honestly, she had no idea what had just been said. In fact, her mind had turned foggy after the accusation that had just been thrown at her. 

"I've been...what?"

"Oh don't you play that little fucking game with me Trixie" he said. She slowly got out of bed, very slowly as her brain continued to process what he'd just said. 

"How dare you"

She stood across from him, her expression blank whilst a vein raged from his forehead and a droplet of sweat trickled down his face. 

"I have done nothing but tried to support you through this mess but you keep shutting me out every single fucking time" she said, her eyes becoming teary as she spoke "maybe if you stopped killing your soldiers and listened to what I said we wouldn't be here"

"Daisy fucking saw you!"

A small vertical line appeared between her eyebrows when he mentioned Daisy's name. Then it dawned on her. Fucking Easton Spear. 

"That was a damn parent outside the school" she lied. 

She knew she didn't have to lie but there was something about Easton Spear that made her feel a certain way. Almost as if his name being mentioned would reign hell upon her house. 

"Whatever" said Hendrix, getting into bed. 

"What, so you're gonna stay mad at me forever?" Trixie asked, watching him turn on the TV. He ignored her, getting the remote out and putting his head against the headboard. She inhaled sharply, going over and switching the TV off with the flick of a switch. 

"Trixie!" he yelled, louder this time. She stayed put, glaring at him till he answered her question. He sighed, getting out of bed and walking to her. 

"No" she stood in front of the switch, arms folded across her chest as he clenched his jaw. 

"Get out my way, Trixie"

His voice was petrifying. Usually, it was home to Trixie but right now she had never been so unsettled by it.

"Can we please just talk?"

"I'm not talking to you about shit"

"Please!"

"MOVE!" 

Trixie's heart dropped to her stomach as she heard Daisy crying from her bedroom. Immediately, soldiers were out to see to her, everyone had heard them arguing. Trixie walked over to the nightstand, taking her phone and calmly walking to the door.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"Anywhere but here" she spoke "I just can't be with you right now"

She heard him mumble something under his breath but didn't quite catch it. She chose not to stick around to figure out what he'd said. She grabbed her keys too, forgetting a jacket. She walked downstairs, shooting the soldiers an apologetic stare. They nodded, they understood. Or at least, they tried to. 

She sat in her car, looking out into the darkness. She had a good idea of where she wanted to spend the night.