The Ball - Part One

HENDRIX'S POV:

'And then I need you to watch out on the front of the house in case you see anything when we're gone'

The soldier nodded and kept note of everything I was telling him. It was custom to leave the soldiers at home with the rules of the house before leaving for the Mafia Ball.

'If anything alarming happens, ring Sergio, he's gonna be with us at the ball or just hit the silent alarm'

'Got it boss' I nodded at him before going back upstairs to check on Trixie and Daisy.

'Can I come with you guys?'

'No'

Trixie glared at me as the makeup artists surrounded her, colouring a deep shade of blue onto her eyelids. Pretty was always an understatement for her.

'Don't be mean, Hendrix' she said 'you can come another time, baby, when you're older, okay?'

'Ok-'

'No she can't come when she's older' I said, getting annoyed slightly.

'Can you guys give us a minute? Daisy go catch up on your shows and come back in a minute, okay?'

Everyone nodded and left us alone as Trixie had asked them. I sighed and went to fix my tie in the mirror. I felt Trixie behind me, she looked mad.

'What is up your ass?'

'Nothing' I mumbled, getting annoyed by the stupid tie in my hands. Trixie rolled her eyes and spun me around, taking my tie into her own hands. I felt a tinge of satisfaction, I knew how to do a tie but she didn't ever need to know that.

She did the tie, tucking it into my waistcoat and leaving her hands on my chest. I looked at her dress, she looked good no matter what she wore. I loved everything about her.

'Hendrix, talk to me'

Her voice was soft and she smelled like vanilla or cinnamon, I couldn't remember what she used but whatever it was, it was good.

'I just..' I sighed, looking down but she tilted my chin up again, raising her brows 'Trix, the Mafia Ball just stresses me out, something always goes wrong"

"Your parents have been attacked there before, you've been hurt, I don't know what I'd do if you get hurt, Trix"

She gave me a small smile, moving closer to kiss me softly. It was a sweet but short lived kiss. She pulled away from my lips, resting her forehead against mine. I took a deep breath, her hands going to my back as she wrapped her arms around me. I instantly felt calmer, feeling her close to me.

"I love you, Hendrix' she whispered 'I love how you love me, I'm so grateful for you"

"I'll love you forever Trixie" we were both talking in a low whisper as I reached for her hands, taking them both in mine. I raised both hands to my mouth and kissed them twice each.

"Just be safe tonight, okay?" I said, looking at her with pleading eyes.

"I will, baby" she moved her hands and held my face between them "promise me you'll stay safe too, I want us both home together in one piece, okay?"

"I promise, mama" I wrapped my arms around her the same time as she wrapped her arms around my neck, pulling her into my chest.

There was no one in this world that I loved more.