Family Secrets

NARRATION

Trixie's eyes flickered open when she heard something being set down on the nightstand table next to her.

The smell of food clouded her nostrils and she opened her eyes to get a better view. She sat up but there was no one in the room.

She looked to her right to see a plate of pasta, the steam gently moving above it. Adjusting the covers, she stretched her legs, feeling something at the edge of the bed.

"What?" she reached forward to see a black hoodie, neatly folded which had been left for her.

She laughed silently, of course it was black, he didn't know of any other colours. She unfolded it,  plain black, back to front, probably just how he liked it.

"How kind" she said sarcastically. She got changed into it, letting her hair fall past her shoulders. She didn't know how long she'd slept for, she didn't really care at this point.

She looked across at the pasta to see there was a small piece of paper next to it.

Flicking a lamp on, she picked the note up, holding it near the light since the room was dark anyway. She felt the corners of her lips turning upwards as she read: you're a terrible liar, enjoy the pasta.

"Smart ass" she mumbled, a smile spreading across her face. She sighed softly, putting the note on the nightstand and eating her food in peace. It was good, better than good. Easton Spear was strangely but surely exceeding all her expectations and it was painful.

Easton sat in his bed, looking ahead at the show that was playing on his TV. But he wasn't focused on that.

All he could think about was Trixie sitting in a room down the hall. He wondered whether she was wearing her hoodie. Or eating the food he'd made for her. Or whether she was awake at all. He had to firmly order himself to stop thinking about her but there was nothing that interested him more.

Ever since NJ13 had started making history, ever since she'd been announced to him as the daughter of Olivia Polio. He remembered that day. He was 22. She was 19. Years had passed and now he was pushing 26 whilst she remained at a comfortable 23.

Easton's parents had always had a strong hate for NJ13. Mainly because of Mattia Polibio and Olivia West. They were unbeatable, a power couple. But Easton had admired them from a young age. Looked up to Mattia and studied Olivia's ability to switch her off her mafia qualities whenever she had to be a Mother to Trixie and her brother Levi who had now passed.

He twirled pasta around his fork as he remembered the day he'd heard of Levi's death. It had bought a great joy for his parents. That was the day he began to grow hate for his parents, seeing how easily they could mock someone's death.

Levi was young, he had a lot of potential. Easton had learned a lot from him despite never actually knowing him. His mafia would gather data on NJ13. But he never looked at the data and plotted ways to kill the family like his parents did. No, he looked at their tricks, the way they went about completing missions.

Most of Easton's skills had all been learned from NJ13. Hence why, when his parents had died, he made it his personal mission to form a relationship with NJ13. He'd already learned so much and was curious for more.

But the day he asked for the alliance was the day he learned Mattia and Olivia no longer ran the mafia and had handed it down to their daughter and her partner.

Easton remembered the agony that ran through him when he realised he may not ever have a chance to meet Mattia to thank him for everything he'd done for him. Maybe his daughter was the next best thing to him, surely she possessed some of his qualities.

He remembered seeing her for the first time, it was at a mafia ball. She never noticed him but he noticed her, watching her every movements and falling more and more in love with her by the second. But then he saw Hendrix walking in next to her, Easton's jaw clenching when he saw his hand making it's way around Trixie's waist. The way she smiled up at him as he pulled her in closer.

Now, Easton had cringed at his past behaviour. It had all happened for a reason.

He'd changed now. No, not for the better. His feelings for her had only gotten worse. More powerful, stronger. Seeing her at Daisy's birthday party, the way she danced with him. The way she looked at him before she kissed Hendrix on the mouth. He remembered the way his blood had boiled because she knew exactly what she was doing to him.

She was a brat. A perfect, beautiful, mildly irritating brat. And all he wanted to do was hold her, keep her all to himself. But it wasn't proving easy until she'd shown up at his house tonight. He still couldn't quite figure out what had gone so wrong at her house for her to do that, though.

He thought about her in his hoodie right now. Images of her body flashed up in his head causing his blood to rush through him as he swallowed the food with a dry throat. He remembered the towel dropping to the floor when he'd made the pleasant trip to her bedroom, uninvited. Always uninvited.

He smirked, wondering what would've happened if he didn't leave so quick. It was miraculous the way she'd had no objection to the towel falling. He couldn't get her body out of his head. The way it glistened in front of him, water dripping down her-

*knock knock*

A/N- triple update for NYE? <3