First Things First

LIV'S POV

"I have to go over there!"

Mattia sighed, ignoring me and continuing to make breakfast for us. He'd been ignoring me for the past hour because I kept talking about the same thing. Her.

I remembered when Bella had "died". I hadn't been able to eat properly for weeks, I had Mattia forcing me to eat and get out of bed pretty much everyday, even something like showering, he had to help me do everything.

"Baby, I'm telling you leave it" he said, putting butter in a pan "it's not worth it and you know it'll open a whole can of worms"

"But don't you think I deserve an explanation?" I walked over to him, holding into his arm with both hands to get his attention "if Alejandro had faked his death and you found out he was still alive and living as if nothing happened, would you just let that slide?"

He took a deep breath, keeping his eyes on the melting butter. He didn't say anything but he didn't have to, his answer was blatantly obvious. Any human with emotions would be the exact same way I am right now. And I knew I shouldn't pry but if Bella owed me anything - it was an explanation.

"Am I doing too much?"

Mattia stopped scrambling eggs and looked at me.

"How do you mean?"

"Remember when we were young? And I was always being so extra and annoying and we'd fight all the time because I kept doing stupid stuff?"

"Hey, Liv stop it" he put the spatula down and cane up to me, holding my face in his hands "we were young, Liv. Young, careless kids who didn't know how to love each other properly. We're grown-ups now, Liv. Trix looks up to you every day and honestly so do I"

I let out a deep sigh and put my head on his shoulder, shutting out the rest of the world. He ran his hands through my hair whilst rubbing my back.

"I can tell this is eating you up, babe" I moved my head up to look at him as he spoke "we'll go see Bella but first we're going to go to my Dad's headquarters and run a background check on her before we jump to any kind of conclusions".

I got up on my toes, wrapping my arms around his waist and kissing his lips softly. He kissed me back, tightening his arms around me as he dipped me, moving his lips down my neck.

"I'm crazy for you, Liv"

"Feelings mutual, husband" I beamed, hugging him closer to me as we stood up.

TRIXIE'S POV

"No answer?"

I shook my head as Hendrix scratched the back of his neck.

"What is she doing?" I mumbled, texting my mom again. I'd called her almost six times now. The first two calls were actually to go dress shopping. But the four after that were simply to know if she was alive or not. I couldn't help but feelings slightly worried.

"Try your dad, babe" said Hendrix, patting my knee before getting up. I watched him walk out the room before sighing and trying my Dad's cell.

"Hey baby"

A wave of relief brushed over me as I heard my Dad's voice.

"Hi, dad" I said, relaxing back into my bed "are you and Mom okay? She hasn't answered her phone, I've been calling her all morning"

"Liv? Why haven't you been answering your phone?" I heard Mom talking in the background and Dad questioning her. I rolled my eyes but waited for an answer patiently.

"Mattia just give me the phone" said Mom "hi babe, I've just been wrapped up in a mission so I haven't really had time to look at my phone. Is everything okay? Is it Hendrix? Is Daisy okay?"

"Yes Mom everyone's fine, I was just wondering if you'd wanna go dress shopping for the ball?"

She gasped when I mentioned the ball and I facepalmed, we were exactly the same person. I heard her jumping to conclusions about how she'd never find a dress in time, and how she needed to look better than these other women I'd never heard of. I rolled my eyes again as I heard our doorbell go off. I stood up but I heard Hendrix's footsteps downstairs, making me sit down on the bed again.

"Okay, Trix" Mom finally said, sounding more composed "we'll go out soon, for now, go out if you want and see if there's anything you like. Oh, and send me pictures. I love you"

"Okay Mom, love you"

I hung up the phone as Hendrix walked into our bedroom. He had a confused look on his face so I turned my phone off and placed it on the nightstand to give him my full attention.

"Um, there's a lady downstairs, saying she's your Mom's friend and that she wants to take you dress shopping"

"Mom's friend? Why would she come to your house, though? I would've assumed she would go straight to Mom and Dad's house" Hendrix shrugged as I furrowed my brows.

"She seemed nice enough but maybe you should call your mom first? Just in case". I scoffed and got up from the bed, walking downstairs. It took me a year to get through to Mom's phone just to ask if she wanted to fine pretty dresses, I wasn't doing that again.

I walked into the kitchen to see a woman sitting at the breakfast bar. She was around Mom's age, blonde hair and green eyes. She gasped a little when she saw me and immediately got up to pull me into a hug. I was taken aback but awkwardly hugged her back, hoping this would be over with before it started.

"Trixie, I've been waiting to meet you! I'm Bella"