🌺 5

The sound of applause couldn't be more louder, as the excitement at watching their prodigy children became more enthusiastic, the dean decided to made them rest a little.

The nobles started to talk about their children and praising the 5 people currently on the top.

"Its not a surprise to see the heir of wingham in the top 5. Such a strong youth, he is no less talented than his father."

There are many praises. But also some doubting words.

"Isn't that black haired girl the lost daughter of an official? She have a dark magic, a definitely one of a kind. Still, i couldnt believe that such girl will be able to enter the top.."

The female lead was already used to rumours, so even if many words came to her ear, she still did not lowered her head.

The crown prince and her other admirers look at her with admiration. Even Gavin did not show but there was a slight relief in his eyes and a very small smile in the corner of his mouth.

Calyx slightly squinted his eyes as he watch the drama unfold. His feeling started becoming more chaotic.

Now that he thinks of it, he is already beginning to doubt his feelings for this woman. Isnt it weird that almost all men she met fell in love with her? To the point of even the crown prince is willing to lose his title for her favor?

Even calyx knew he like her.

But why?

Yeah..what might be the reason why he liked her?

Because she is different? The only girl who did not look at him with admiration and treat him differently?

Heh.. she was not the first girl to do that.

Calyx took a peek at a stunning beautiful woman with silver hair and golden eyes.

Karen is not of noble blood, but as she had the power of light, she will soon be entitled as a saintess.

Truth to be told, karen is a lot better than bella. More beautiful, firm and smart. Although she was rather cold and her face emotionless.

Calyx would still prefer her if she weren't the crown princes fiance.

Then why bella?

🍁

Vivian finally breathed a sigh of relief after a short rest. Jana chuckled at her nervousness. "You cant protect your son forever fion. Its better to let them grow by walking in a dangerous path for them to get stronger"

"I know.."

Suddenly there were footsteps behind them. Jana and vivian look back. Vivian showed surprise and look at jana who rolled her eyes at the man.

She wanted to giggle. Seriously... These two.

"Duke.." vivian gave him her polite smile.

The duke also returned hers with a smile.

Jana harrumph. "Id better go than see your face" jana left the both of them alone.

Vivian felt a little awkward, she look at the duke and winced. "Im sorry for her.."

"Ha? No.. its alright. I understand her." The duke still had a smile on his lips. His eyes lowered and vivian took a peek at that melancholic eyes that quickly vanish.

The duke look at her again.

Vivian was still stunned at his face who is more than perfect. "Wow.. still looking young as ever.."

"You too.."

There was a moment of silence.

Vivian played with the glass in her hand. Memories started coming after another. "How many years had it been, duke?"

"17 years.." the duke also followed the silence. "It has been that long... "

"Right,.. but.. hey. I was happy of the path i chose.. we both are arent we?" Vivian faced him with a smile.

The duke nodded with a curve of his lips. He look at her. "Even though many things have happened in the past, i still prefer you to call me my name my lady.."

Vivian stared at him, gave him a smile. "Glen.."

The duke smiled again. Held her hand, lowered his head to give her a kiss on her palm, while looking intently at her eyes.

🍃

The king watch from a far with a twisted expression.

Should he be worried or what?

"Then lets begin again!" The dean announced.

The crowds attention was captured again. The dean smiled more. "Now.. this is the final game!"

Vivian look back to the stage. Her heart pounded, she watch the top 5 battle each other, then finally.. her son. And the heir of wingham.

She took in a sharp breath.

The duke used his arm to stabilise her. He lowered his head. "Fion.. trust him."

Vivian nodded. "Right.. wooh.. im just.. nervous."

Fion smiled slightly.

Some of the nobles behind them started to notice the two figure. They couldn't help their curiosity. Some of them lowered their heads and hid their faces and started whispering.

Vivian was so focused on watching, but it doesnt mean that glen didnt notice them..

He look back and his lips curved into a very sweet smile.

But his eyes..

Frighteningly flashed red.

🍁

"Ohohoho...the heir of wingham... The devils son... Its really an honor to fight you"

Calyx curved his lips.

Gavin stared at him with his blank red eyes as usual. Calyx pouted. This gavin is really boring.

Calyx really want to see another face of gavin, like maybe an angry or embarrassed gavin? Hehhe..

Calyx peeked at the black haired woman and curved his lips. I guess this woman is really the only one who can make him like that.

"Teach me your grace.. heir of wingham."

Gavins face twitched and calyx did notice it. He grinned again.

"Please.." gavin only look at him and said no more.

Vivian watch the two of them with a complicated feeling.

Her hands clenched.

"You raised him well fion.." glens voice came from beside her.

"Thank you.. and you did at your son too glen.."

It seems like he did not hear her last words.

His eyes just stared at her with a small smile on his lips.

If roxan is here, she could've recognise that this time. He was not acting...