🌺14

Smiling, vivian rolled her eyes. She look back and saw her sons wide violet eyes staring at her with scrutinizing gaze.

She smiled.. "Hmm? Dont tell me you are going to act cute infront of me again?" she raised a brow.

Taking the damp cloth and walking to him. Slightly putting it on the corner of his lips, where a wound was.

"Ahh ma be a lot more gentle.."

"Tsk. Its your fault. Fighting like that, whats wrong with you?"

"But he was trying to--"

"Shh.. Calyx listen to me. I know you dont want hearing anything about things like this. But.. Calyx.. Please... the thing i hate the most is see u in this appearance again. Or worse..." vivian look at her son with wet eyes.

He looks totally different from the devious, clean and happy youth she is used to seeing.

Her heart is breaking at the sight of his rugged look and his bruises.

Sighing.. Fion held his hand.

"The duke.. And i .. " she chuckled a bit.

Calyx suddenly raised his head and look at her intently.

"Hmm.. " vivian smiled. "I was 5 when i first met him. He was a very adorable child and he likes to smile"

"He still do" calyx said with a sour tone.

"Shh.. U want me to continue or what?"

"ugh.. Okey fine.." calyx let his head fall back on the bed. But he was really looking forward at what she is about to say.

"The duke was a prodigy. ahaha what can i say, like father like son." Vivian remembered the golden haired youth. Gavin.

"He was very talented, very strong, and very charming.."

"Ughh mom..." calyx whine.

Vivian chuckled. "What?? He is!"

"Just continue,.. Ughh"

Vivian laughed. She look at her son then suddenly became lost in her memories.

She did not even know where to start. But her mouth started to move on their own as soon as she opened them.

"He and i was destined to marry..."

Calyx did not react. He probably know a long time ago.

"The wingham was actually not feared back then. But the previous duke was a man with smart evil plans. When he learned that his only son is a prodigy that was born in once in a lifetime.. He was too greedy to let it go.." vivian was so lost in the memory.

She saw the image of an 11 year old fion crying as she watch the carriage driving away.

And in that carriage is the young duke.

Fion has dedicated her love to him, because all her life, she believed he was the one who she is going to spend her life with.

The man who she will make a family with.

"The old duke.. Sent his only son.. To a far far away place. Into a world of dangers, in exchange he will have endless power and wealth."

She had waited for him..

And he came back. He did.

"When he came back, it was like the heaven smiled at me. He was still the man i knew... His smile is still warm, he is still the same honest man..."

Vivian lost the smile on her lips. And her voice became lower.. "Thats what i thought.... Guess i was wrong.."

Vivian suddenly blinked.

She felt the tears dripping. She cleared her throat and look at her son. And was relieved to see him sleeping.

He must have been tired.

She smiled, covered him with the blanket and gently laid a kiss on his forehead.

"Goodnight honey."

She gently closed the door after looking at her for a few more seconds. Then whispered very gently under her breath. "Sorry..."

When the door closed, calyx opened his eyes. He believed his mother, but he still feels that there is still some secrets that he need to learn.

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

"We only have one chance, we must not lose this chance or everything will break lose. Im telling you,, the heir of wingham must die. No matter it takes. He must die.." the man in the end of the table ,angrily grab the beautifully curved dagger with golden handle abd silver shining blade.

He slammed it on the picture of a golden dragon.

"He must die.."

"Heh.. Hes just a kid. Dont worry about it" The men chuckled.

"One week from now. Hah.. This kingdom will surely be a lot better under our care"

❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦❦

Gavin knitted his brows. He look left and right. He had this ominous feeling since yesterday.

And he also have hallucinations that someone is looking at him.

"Gav--" surprised at the voice, gavin glared at the new comer.

"Oh.. Uhmm.. Err u busy?" bella stopped on her tracks.

Gavin widen his eyes. Then shook his head. "Im so sorry.. I was.. Just feeling paranoid.. Nevermind." He shook his head then smiled at her.

"Why are you here?"

"Oh.. Oh! Imma gonna bring you some snackssss..." bella smiled. Carried over the basket and took out manu sweets that made him laugh.

He took a bite and felt his chest warm.

Then a voice suddenly broke the tranquillity.

"Gavin.."

"F.. Father"

Bella flinched. She look at the duke and almost choke on the sweets. "You.. your grace.. Ehem... ehem.." bella blushed an look away. She was eating so happy her mouth is dirty.

It was fine if its gavin.. But the duke.. Ehem.

"Father.. What are you doing in the school ground"

"Lets have a talk.." the duke turn around. Bella watch them. Without gavin noticing,

the duke look back at bella.

Eyeing her with his deadly red eyes.

Bella flinched. Oh my good nessss. The duke is so scary.. Huhuhu