🌺16

"Descend here? it will descend here?" calyx look back and raised his brows. He look at the grand place with a wince.

Fck, nOw he knows why the enemy will know where the dragon will descend. They decorated this place so shiny and.. Well.. A place where u could tell in one look that everything is expensive.

Karen nodded solemnly.

"Yes. And on that same day,the dark dragon will also descend to give his inheritance."

Calyx clicked his tongue. The two strongest dragons, worst arch enemies are going to descend on the same day.

It is indeed a problem. "Why not just let them fight?" calyx turn back and watch the place. He even saw a shiny pink pebble on top of a rock.

He sneak a look on karen and when he saw that she was not looking.

He started a whistle and smoothly put the pebble on his pocket.

"Hah.. We had also thought of this solution but.. The only way to defeat horixis completely is to succeed on the ancient dragon xavila giving his inheritance to gavin.. Gavin is Our only hope.."

Calyx rolled his eyes. Why does everyone just rely on one single man? He suddenly pitied Gavin who had the responsibility of keeping the kingdom, if not, the whole world safe.

Thank goodness his life is not like that.

"Didnt you mention earlier that.. That horixis dragon or something will also give his inheritance ? Why dont we kill the inheritor and then boom... Success"

Karen shook her head with a smile, " Its not like that,.. I hope it was also as easy as that.. But it isnt..."

Calyx raised a brow. He noticed that she suddenly became absent minded. Staring into the distance.

Calyx rolled his eyes again.

Why are these people so dramatic?

His gaze was suddenly caught by a seemingly thin light line circling the place.

It seems to be connected to those bright golden pebbles on top of the stones.

Is this a barrier? Interesting, he had never seen one like this before.. He stretched his hand..

When he was finally close to touching the barrier. Karens shout suddenly rang on his ear that even him was surprised.

He look back at her with a confused face. Raised his eyebrows. And even glared a little. "What?"

"Do not touch the barrier. Even the duke will die and melt in an instant if he doesnt have the blood of the ancient dragon xavila running through his veins."

Calyx mouth turn to a big O Shape. "Ohh.. Thats why."

"This barrier will help us hold for a while against other attacks. But if the dragon horixis himself is going to destroy this barrier. We cant do anything about it.."

Calyx stood up. Wipe the dirt on his pants. "So whats exactly with this barrier."

"Only the one with the blood of dragon xavila can enter the barrier. Everyone else. May it be the strongest person alive will melt and die. And only the duke and Gavin had the blood so they are the only ones that can stay."

At that moment, karen suddenly joked. "Who knows, if the duke has another children. Well be damned."

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Madam, do u think this will look good on you?"

Fion was lost in thought, so when the maid showed her a blue hat, she just said.. "Ah.. Yes. Yes of course"

The maids look at each other. But remained silent and continued on grooming her hair.

Fion sighed and look at the mirror.

"Can.. someone prepare the carriage for me please? Im going to visit the duchess."

There was something bugging her... And she just wants to think and maybe roxanne could help her.

"Yes madam.." fion sighed.

40 minutes later, she finally saw the dukes castle. Taking a deep breath, she stepped out of the carriage.

The servants are amazed to see a beautiful fairy coming out of the carriage. When she smiled to them they just felt that she was very kind.

"Rox.. I mean.. Is the duchess resting? Please tell her that i have come to talk to her."

"Yes.." a boy servant bowed and hurriedly entered The beautiful palace.

Fion waited with a smile. And the butler lead her into the waiting room. Suddenly they heard some hurried footsteps.

The tea she was about to drink was put down.

The butler had some dissatisfaction with the boy servant and was about to scold him when the servant suddenly said in trembling and white face.. "The duchesS . The duchess..."

Before he could even finish his sentence. Fion already stood up, she held her dress and run through the corridor. Her face filled with worry.. it cant be.

She really hopes that its really not what she thinks. And if it is.. Isnt it too early than the original story line?? Did she cause all this??

The palace is big, but it was easy to spot where the duchess room is because of the bustling servants.

And she had also lived here before so everything was familiar yet unfamiliar at the same time.

When she came to the door gasping, roxanne was already lying weakly on the bed. A doctor pale beside her.

Fion trembled. "Roxanne..." roxanne weakly opened her eyes. She saw her.

Roxanne smiled and her tears fell.. She opened her mouth, then said something. "So..ryy."

Fion almost broke down. Even if it is the original fion this time.. She had already forgiven her.

Fion rushed to her bedside. she grasped her hand. "Roxanne.. Wait a bit more okay?? We were bestfriends.. And i still want to be bestfriend with you.."

There was so many emotions on roxannes eyes. But the pain and guilt was so obvious.

Suddenly the familiar footsteps came.

Fion did not turn back, because she know who it was. But roxannes eyes suddenly became blank. She look at the duke with not much feeling on her eyes.

"Fion.." the duke first mentioned her name in surprise.

"Glen.. Glen.. Please.. ease save her..." fion look back with misty eyes.

The duke paused. He look at her and sighed.

"Madam, the duchess illness is very severe.. I. Im afraid u will have to leave.." with the doctor's statement.

The Duke suddenly grasped both pf her shoulders. "Fion.. We have to go outside.."

"U will heal her right?"

The duke nodded. He smiled at her. His long golden hair brushed on her cheeks. "Of course.." He was so gentle.

The servants thought.

Before he had take her out of the room, fion look back one more time and saw roxannes stern face. And her mouth moved.

"Do..nt.. Tr...us..t... Hi..m.."