🌺19

The sky had turned dark, and made people feel doom. A week,.. Its been a whole week and the sky never felt so gloomy.

The wizards and warriors of the kingdom is getting agitated. It may affect their health and mental balance in the coming war.

Fion look up at the gloomy sky, and slowly clenched her fist.

"Ma! Why are you outside? The wind is cold" accompanying the voice is the fast footsteps and a warm jacket laid down on her shoulder.

"Calyx... The sky has never been so gloomy.. "

Calyx is silent. He stared at her with a calm face. Then slowly hugged her. "Dont worry mom. Even if its the end of the world. I will make you safe,"

Fion tears up. There was a warm feeling in her chest. Its a pity,... The real fion is not here.

She feels like a thief. Snatching this warm motherly love from someone else.

"I know. But all i want is you to be safe."

The moment of the two was broken when an earth shaking thunder flashes through the sky.

Calyx felt a very strong pressure that his iris dilated. It was a very brief moment, but it shook his entire being.

"Calyx? " fion noticed him in his unusual state.

"Nothing mom... " he look down at her . "Mom its time... " he never expected the war to start so early. "I will participate in the war for gavin.. "

Fions heart trembled. No... Wait.

This never happened in the story... Calyx learned of his mothers death and turned dark. He wanted to destroy the kingdom where his mother died and secretly cooperated with the enemy.

He is the villain in the book that could rival the male lead, he.. Is also the chosen descendant of the Famine dragon Horixis.

But.. It different now. And its a good kind of different.. Right?

He wont have to be the descendant of the dragon horixis any longer and he will fight with the male lead.

Does it mean his role has changed? Like into a supporting character??

Calyx stared at her face for a long time. "Mom.. You are the best mother ever. And i wanted you to live. If.. If ever something goes wrong,.. Leave the kingdom and go far away."

Fion graspes his hand. She look at him in the eyes. "No.. Its gonna be alright. You will be alright... "

Calyx smiled. But it did not reach his eyes. "I love you mom"

🌺

"Its time."

Every people in the kingdom know. Its finally time. The civilians are moved in order to not be affected.

Its earlier than expected. Fion has changed the story,... But is it for good? Or worst?

"Madam. Under the young masters order, i have already packed and the carriage is prepared.... If.. The war turn to worst.. "

He wanted her to leave.

Fion bit her lips. "No." She said in a firm voice. "I believe we will win. We still have the duke on our side.... We still have.. " the male lead.

°°

The duke watch the sky turn darker from the window. No expression on his face.

The door opened. And the butler came in. "Your grace.. "

"Where is Gavin? "

"The.. The young master is ready. We are waiting for your grace. " the duke did not say anything.

°°

This is it. The day everyone has been waiting for.

Gavin was all alone in the room and stared at himself on the mirror. Where his majestic robe stood out.

If he actually succeed.. Then whats next?

There was a soft knock on the door. Gavin knew who it was. So he said a soft approval.

The door slowly creaked open.

And there stood a beautiful raven haired woman. Starng at him with big black eyes, but there was sadness containing in them.

"Gavin... "

Gavin did not say anything.

Bella slowly approached him. And gave a hug from behind. Her small frame was shivering, Gavin immediately reflected on himself. "Bella... Ill be alright."

"I know.. I believe in you... Please.. Please be alright. "

The two hugged each other as if afraid to lose each others embrace.

Roxanne stopped when she saw the sight from the door. She lowered her gaze filled with sadness overflowing them.

Her poor son...

🌺

Like the king dressed in magnificent robes, the heir of the dragon xavila was escorted outside of the palace.

There, Gavin saw the soldiers, wizards and familiar students who is looking at him with firm faces.

They are ready to fight. The responsibility on his shoulders unknowingly increased.

Gavin swept his gaze over the thousands of people. All these lives... Are ready to sacrifice for the kingdom and the peoples freedom and prestige.

If he succeeds, its another 100 years of beautiful life not only for the commoners. But.. Maybe.. Maybe also fir him.

Bella by his side, his most trusted aid the crown prince, the saintess... And..

Gavin look back and saw the smiling pink haired youth who playfully gave him a smirk.

Gavin could not help but roll his eyes.

And this guy.

The hooves of hundreds of horses trampled on land. As if making earthquake.

There up the most majestic horse sat his father with all his glory.

The condescending eyes of the duke reaches his. "Gavin.. " the duke opened his eyes. "The responsibility of this kingdom rest upon your shoulders."

Yes.. He knew.

From the dark clouds, there was an earth shattering boom, and like a laser with unbelievable golden light, it broke through the gloomy atmosphere.

The duke watch the golden eyes aflame. More brighter than when he took his inheritance.

He look down at his son again. "Now is time. "