🌺18

"Wheres my mom?" calyx raised a brow. He just came home after spending a few days studying the formation for that ice blonde. Its truly a deadly formation.

Everything he threw inside the barrier, before it even reach the ground will turn to dust in a golden flame.

He tried many things starting to the weightless and hardest jewels.

He suddenly found it addicting playing with the barrier that he just threw anything he can touch. Causing karen to drag him away by the ears.

Calyx never expected the impact of Gavin's inheritance to the whole kingdom.

The academy had already chose the best students, including him who really has no choice, to prepare for the war.

It seems like this inheritance is more troublesome than when the current Duke got his inheritance from the ancient dragon Xavila.

He finally got to visit the mansion in the capital, where his father had always boast about to his mother. But they never get to visit it for some reason. And then his father died.

The servant bowed their head.

"Young .. Master, the madam had visited the duchess two days ago and caught a fever. The duke has given his permission for the lady to stay for the time being, as traveling will burden her body more"

Worry started to show in calyx face. "Then is she alright now?"

"We just got a letter and it says the madam is already awake and recovered."

Calyx sighed in relief.

He gave it a bit of thought. "Prepare the carriage.. Im going to visit my mother."

Wearing a noble outfit that completely made him look like a fairy out of this world, he stepped out of the carriage with his mouth slightly curved up.

He was accepted by a butler with white hair. The butler showed a momentarily surprise, then bowed. "the young baron had visited.. "

Calyx waved a hand. Want him to change the title, but then again sighed.

Baron is the lowest in aristocrat hierarchy. Its not that he was ashamed of this title. But because he just didnt like to be called like that.

"I am here for my mother.."

"Ah.. The baroness" the butler nodded in understanding and led him inside. "The baroness is already recovered. She is also planning to go back this noon"

The butler talked all the way, Calyx was looking around the castle with a slight smirk. Damn the ice blondie is really rich as hell.

He will make a palace like this too, back in his estate. But the theme will be pink, of course.

His shoes made a clacking noise on the shiny untainted floor that can even be used as a mirror.

He cluck his tongue with a smile, the walls had many portaits in them. Some just random arts by artists. And as they reach the hall. The picture of the current duke and his family can be seen.

It was his first time seeing the duchess, the beautiful but blank gaze of that woman was... Pitiful?

He dont know.,

"Calyx..."

"Ma!" Like a child, calyx turn to his mother and ran into her arms with a pout. "I didnt know you were sick, if i had known i would come here to take care of you myself."

Fion laughed and rubbed his hair. "Silly, its fine.. Its just a fever."

She stroked his pink fluffy hair and sighed at the feeling of it. "Lets go home.."

"Ok!" calyx smiled brightly. The two figure held hands as they descended down the stairs leading to the waiting carriage, unaware of the sight falling on them.

Roxane took a deep breath. And there was a soft light in her eyes.

🌺

The lightning flashes, and the king had never ceased his brows since he look at the sky two days ago.

There was a bad feeling, as if a great disaster would fall into the kingdom. Is this finally his so called karma?

"Your majesty," the door of the hall suddenly opened. And ministers, and high sorcerers came barging in black and golden robes. "This is a catastrophe! The whole kingdom was in chaos! Youre majesty! Please do something to calm the people!"

They demanded.

The voices was loud and all of them spoke of the same time. All the voices echoed in the hall like a rumbling thunder.

"Youre majesty!"

"Silence!.." the king shouted. And closed his eyes. "The duke is trying to find the problem.."

"But youre majesty.. Since two nights ago the sky never stop rumbling! The sky was always in dark clouds! And the lightning... The lightning reminds me of the dragon .. Horixis.."

The people started talking again. They are filled with worry.

That is another problem. The famine dragon horixis..

Both sides have its advantage and disadvantages in this war.

The disadvantage of Xavila is that he will be weakened when he starts  to bless Gavin. This chance will be taken by the evil dragon horixis.

Horixis has no descendant in human form. All of the past sacrifices for him died and caused him a backlash, thats why he never intended to take another again.

But this is also the disadvantage of horixis.

Horixis will try everything in its power to stop or kill the descendant of  the ancient dragon Xavila before it succeeds in its blessing.

For the time being, all the kingdom could do now is defend.

And after that.. After that, all will rest on the successor.

Fion traced the handwritten notes she wrote herself, feeling the texture on her fingertips.

Because thats the fate of the male lead.

It wont change.