🌺6

The wind and ice clashed. The power was imaginable that some of the nobles gasped in shock and even stepped back.

Fion felt a slight shiver as she stepped back.

The duke beside her, "are you okay?"

"Ah.. yes.." fion smiled.

Then look back at the arena. Its messy, all they could see are the flying dirt, and rocks and the flashing of two weapons hitting each other.

Vivian bit her lip, her hands clenched together.

While she was so indulge on thinking of her sons safety, calyx couldn't control the surging excitement on his body.

This is it! That kind of excitement he's been looking for!

Gavin started to frown.

This calyx,

Gavin knew the extent of his power, he had to undergo various and dangerous trainings just to learn on how to control himself not to turn manic.

The strongest student he had fought so far he hasn't even used half of his power.

But this calyx.. as the smile on his face started to become wider, his attack became more and more terrifying.

Every clash seem to vibrate from his hand to his toes.

Gavin took a step back with gritted teeth.

Glen watch his son retreated and raised a brow. As a father, he definitely knew the extent of his sons power.

Its not exaggerating to say that as his son, gavin was born to be this perfect. The problem about this is.. he uses his feelings too often. Too often its so stupid.
And that boy..

No one knows what the duke is thinking as he watch the boy who was starting to turn manic , and he look at the woman beside him.

They really look so alike...

"Your grace.." calyx smiled at him. "Why are you backing away?"

"Tch.." gavin glared. He used both his hand to concentrate all his power in this one shot.

"Oh?" A chuckle came from calyx. He also did the same.

One purple and one blue started to shine in the platform.

The teachers suddenly started to panick, glen raised a brow and his lips twitched.

Vivian stood up.

She couldn't help but call out with a warning. "Calyx!!"

The manic calyx in the platform suddenly turn quiet. The smile on his lips are gone, he look back at his mother with a pout. "Mother.."

Vivian widened her eyes at him.

He sighed. He flicked his hands and the purple orb that was manifesting was destroyed in an instant.

He look at the surprise gavin, "hehe.. next time soon."

The teachers were suddenly dumb founded. "Ah.. this.. well.. i.. i guess we have a tie?"

A moment of silence passed. Then an applause started.

The nobles nodded. "Truly worthy of being the dukes son.."

"He is a son of a baron but strong.."

"They are amazing. Young and full of power"

"Maybe when they grow up they would make some a world shattering phenomenon."

Vivian pursed her lips.

World shattering alright, these two men almost destroyed the world for the love of the female lead.

Seeing the smiling and haughty calyx walking down the platform towards her, vivian smiled in secret.

But kept her angry face.

"Ma--" when he reached her.

Vivian held his ear and twisted it. "You brat!"

"Ahh! Maaaaa." The Nobles are already focusing their attention on their children, so only a few had noticed the woman twisting his ear, and calyx whining like a child.

"What are you about to do there huh? You brat, almost gave me a heart attack"

"Waaahh! I'm sorry!"

"So this is you're son"

Calyx opened his shut eyes and look at the new comer.

Calyx squinted his eyes. He did not mind to remove his mother's hand on his ear and stood upright with a blank expression. "Who are you?"

Glen raised a brow.

Calyx gritted his teeth, "mind you bastard, you're not the first person to make a move on my mother-- aww!! Maaaa!!"

"Calyx! You're mouth! I'm sorry Duke."

Vivian bowed repeatedly, slapping calyx in the back in the process.

"Aish! You keep on hurting me! We haven't seen each other for 3 years and you just keep hurting me ahh"

Vivian tried to hide the laughter as she watch calyx making faces. "you kid, say sorry to the Duke." She widened her eyes at him.

Calyx pouted playfully, but still looked straight to the Duke. "You're grace. Pardon for my attitude"

Glen smiled, when calyx raised his head and saw the golden haired lad coming to them, he finally raised a brow as a memory clicked.

Oohhh so he is the father?

Why hadn't he thought that before? They do look so alike.

"Fion, this is Gavin.." Vivian look at the lad beside the Duke. She smiled. "Gavin, this is fion.. you're.."

Glen stopped. He didn't know what to say next.

"Call me aunt!" Vivian came to the rescue. She grasp the boys hand and smiled at him. "Look at you.. you are so handsome! So much like you're mother..."

Gavin's eyes trembled. He lowered his eyes and looked at the warm small hands holding his. It has been so long since he felt this kind of warmth,

He look at the lady again and nodded slightly. Such a warm woman.

Fion is the kind of woman a husband would never betray , and a mother that her children will love and cherish forever.

"Maa.." calyx whining came to her ears.
Vivian look back. Widening her eyes at calyx.

"What?"

"Aish! Isn't you're own son handsome at all??!!"

"You brat I'm already tired at looking at my face that resemble yours!"

"Hah! Then should I be thankful to that-- ahhh!! Maaaa"

The Duke chuckled at the scene.

Gavin lowered his head to hide his small smile. Another feeling of pity for himself emerge and he look at calyx.

I'm really envious of you calyx...