II

Tʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ᴀʙᴏᴜᴛ M/ɴ's ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀᴀɴᴄᴇ

After getting M/n to Barbara, Diluc explains to Aether and Paimon who M/n is and what he was known for before their time

"So M/n is like Venti."

"Yes, he's over five hundred years old. So of course he knew who Venti is and I've known him since Kaeya and I were children.
They call him Hydro Elf of Mondstadt or the one who brings the rain. Have you ever noticed that it has never rained inside of the city?"

"Yeah, I also thought it was strange."

"Thanks to M/n he placed a barrier overhead to keep the rain out and keep the clear sky above."Diluc slump on the bench and sighs, Alice had told him where M/n went off to but when he didn't return, he grew worried and was told to keep his true outing a secret.
"If he's been alive that long, then I'm sure he's seen my sister somewhere...But where did he go?"

"Sumeru, he's looking for his sibling as well...His sibling joined the Fatui and was rumored to be there and so he went there to force them to come back home but that was a few weeks ago. I'm sure Albedo is on his way here now-"The door of the Cathedral was suddenly thrown open and of course there was Albedo along with Rosaria and Kaeya.
Diluc jolts from his seat and stood in Rosaria and Kaeya's way; only allowing Albedo to pass.
"What are you doing Diluc?"

"You both hurt him in the past and he doesn't need to see you while hurt. You can wait.."His voice was low, almost like a growl and Aether could sense the tension between the three.
He was hoping that Venti would just show up to ease the tension but he and Paimon hadn't seen the bard in a few days.
"He's not in the room!"Albedo nearly clambers out of the room through the open door behind the Alchemist they could see the empty room; the window was open.
"We haven't been out of the room that long and he was asleep when we left!"Now panicked they rush out of the Cathedral to look for M/n.

However, said male had climbed to the very top of the Cathedral at sat down, he was in awe. Seeing this world from a screen was completely different from seeing it in person but his happiness was short-lived when he remembered what this body went through. During his short sleep, every memory that the original had, came to him; the strong desire to be with his older brother and to be happy was all he felt but both goals felt out of reach.
"So this was your favorite place to hide from everyone because no one would think to look up here first.."M/n sighs heavily, he didn't want to worry the group seeking him out below, so he climbs back into the room and leaves out through the Cathedral doors.

Barefoot, he walked around the statue of Barbatos but it was evident that the other had rushed further down, so he decided to wait for them to return.

As this happens Albedo finally got the chance to ask Diluc what he knew and of course it irritated him what he was told.
"Why wouldn't he tell me?"

"Alice told me that he said it was for the best that you didn't follow him to Sumeru because Klee needs you more than anyone here in Mondstadt. He knew that you'd attempt to follow him so lying was his best bet..."

"No it wasn't, M/n said he'd be back in a week and finally shows up three weeks later. He could have died and we'd be none the wiser. Next time don't hide things like this from me.."

"I'm not the one you should be saying that too, Albedo. Let's head back up, I'm sure he was probably around the back of the building and we ran down here for no reason."Diluc turns on his heel and starts to walk off. Albedo hangs back for a second, relief was all he could feel at the moment.
"I can't believe that idiot..."