XXX

Aʟʙᴇᴅᴏ ᴀɴᴅ Rᴜʙᴇᴅᴏ

Now with the Goulash finished, M/n sat down and hands Rubedo the bowl

Now with the Goulash finished, M/n sat down and hands Rubedo the bowl. He eyes it suspiciously as if M/n drugged the warming food but the elf chuckles lightly.
"I'm not an asshole, don't worry I didn't drug your soup. If you want, I'll eat a spoonful?"

"Please."

"Alright then."M/n moves the bowl back and does as he said, nothing happened, it was indeed normal food. M/n pushes the bowl back and Rubedo digs in with a second thought.
"So, what are you going to do, Rubedo? Will you face Albedo or hide in the shadows once more?"

"As if you'd allow me to just leave... Not to mention, Albedo is on the way here, isn't he?"

"How would you figure?"

"Your eye with mark did something strange, it turned purple for a moment. I figured it connected you to Albedo somehow or you connected yourself to him."M/n blinks for a second, though Rubedo was right, he was wrong. M/n found a strange use for the symbol beside it being the mark of his higher archy. He could use it to communicate with Axel and in turn, Axel would alert Albedo.
"Very smart. Well, enough about that, are you actually interested in Alchemy?"

"Uh...Is this a trick question?"

"No, I'm genuinely curious. I feel like you're doing did so you can replace your brother.
I would prefer if you found something you enjoy."Rubedo stops eating for a moment, it never occurred to him. What did he like? Did he like messing around with alchemy?
"I see the gears turning~"

"...I like Alchemy but not to his extent...Not to her extent either."

"Rhinedottir?"Rubedo flinches at the name, M/n knew the story, subject one was thrown away for not being what Rhinedottir wanted him to be. M/n felt that it wasn't a good idea to continue the conversation, so he changed the subject. The elven male did manage to get the on-guard homunculus to open up and speak more. Enough time passes and the sun was beginning to set, just as Albedo and the other stumble in after Axel; who was happily carrying the corpse of a whopperflower.

Rubedo suddenly had the urge to run away but with his sudden action to bolt away, he catches his foot on the leg of the chair, effectively putting himself on the ground.
"Ugh...Well, that's embarrassing..."

"Tough shit, life is full of embarrassment, Rubedo."

"Rubedo?"Albedo ques in with a corked eyebrow as he watches his technical older twin stand from the lab floor, dusting himself off after fully standing up. Although seeing Albedo wasn't the issue, it was how happily Axel carried in his spoils from the hunt.
"I see you fought the Whopperflower...Why did he bring it back?"

"Axel usually brings back game from his solo hunts but this is different. If it weren't for Axel, we'd be in danger."Albedo then explains how Axel vanished During a random snowstorm and they spent the majority of the time looking for him, when they found him, he had just killed the Whopperflower.
"I'm assuming M/n called for him to guide us back because he picked up the body and lead us a different way up the mountain that I've never seen before. Oddly safe on our way up."
During Albedo's explanation, Rubedo found it fascinating, Axel was a very fascinating creature, more so than Alchemy.
"Rubedo?"

"Teach me how to tame creature of this world."

"Huh?"Everyone in the lab voices in unison, though it was aimed at M/n, it was enough to confuse everyone at the same time.
"You asked what I was truly interested in...I think I found it, I wish to learn how tame all animals."

"If you don't mind, I would like to join this lesson. It would be the perfect time to do some...Uh, what do they call it? Ah, brother bonding."M/n was grinning from ear to ear, this was the ending to the event he wanted. He was one of the many people who wanted subject one to be happy.
"Oh, before I forget...Sorry for the whole nearly killing you two-"

"Oh, I actually died for a moment."

"I...I'm so sorry.."