XXXIX

Hᴏᴡ ᴛᴏ ᴍᴀᴋᴇ ᴀ sɪsᴛᴇʀ ғᴜʀɪᴏᴜs

"Kaeya..."Diluc starts while cleaning a glass that was once in the now drunk Khaenrian male's hand.
"Though I despise you, I need to get to the bottom of what's been making Aria so irate as of late. I would be a horrible boyfriend if I didn't, now what are you doing to make such a peaceful woman annoyed with you?"

"....Maybe it was something I said.."Kaeya answers through the haze of his drunken mind but he still managed to avoid answering the question for the moment. Diluc sighs heavily, he knew it had something to do with M/n but didn't want to outright say it.
"I guess Aria doesn't like the lingering gaze I hold when I see M/n out and about...Or when I become a bit too friendly...But it's definitely the longing to be in another's place."

"Kaeya, that's very selfish!"The Khaenrian man nearly gave himself whiplash from how fast he turned his head to look behind him. Aria had just stepped into the closing bar to see Diluc but ended up hearing what was said.
"I-i-!"

"Kaeya, I understand it's hard to move on but you have to. If not for yourself, do it for them!"Aria didn't like this one bit, even if it didn't bother M/n it bothered her. She only came to get Diluc so he could meet M/n's older brother since he was the only one who didn't know that the man was back in Mondstadt.
"I understand how it feels, truly I do but in a much different light. You can't stay this way forever, Kaeya."

"Stop lecturing me..Tsk what could you possibly know? How could you-"

"Because I was in love with a woman who never loved me back. No matter how hard I tried, no matter what I did for her...It took dating Diluc to finally realize that everything she's ever had me do was to keep me away. So I'm not just lecturing you, I understand you... However."Aria punctuates, voice now full of anger and her powerful aura fluctuating just enough to get her point across to Kaeya.
"Know this, if you ever in your mortal life attempt to bother them, I. Will. Hurt. You! I'm a very peaceful person, don't get me wrong but a sister will do anything to protect her brother no matter what."Kaeya, still a bit drunk, slinks back a bit but through his haze, he noticed what Aria said.
"Mortal life?"

"I hope that's not the only thing you understood."

"No, I caught everything just... You're not human?"

"Long story short, I'm ten thousand years old."Kaeya was now sober and looking between Diluc and Aria.
"You seem sober, please think about what I said a bit harder. You can find love, I'm sure of it but it won't be with M/n. Some day they're going to get married and you're either going to be there to congratulate them or not there at all. Your choice because I intend on having everyone there. I'm giving you two months to figure it out. I want you to be happy just as much as I want M/n to be happy."

"... You're too nice Aria."

"I know, but the niceties end when someone is putting my family's happiness at risk. You should go home and rest, the bar is closed and you need to keep your distance so you can have a clear mind to think about everything that's happened."Kaeya nods at her gentle words and then leaves the bar without another word.
"Aria?"

"Uwah.. I've never been that angry in my life!"

"Hahaha, I could tell. You're were still kind while chewing him out like that."

"Kindness is key, I learned that time and time again...I just wished it worked out better for a friend of mine, she would be so proud to see her method in action!"Diluc smiles as Aria dives into her adventures in Liyue.
"Her name was Guizhong and- oh sorry, I'm rambling aren't I?"

"Of course not, I adore you."Aria blushes from Diluc's sweet words and looks away.
"Gee, you flatter me."

"Aria, M/n sent me to find you!"Before Aria could kiss Diluc, Casshern throws the tavern doors open, startling them both.
"And he's the main reason why I came here in the first place to get you. This is M/n's older brother Casshern aka a wanted man in Snezhnaya!"

EXCUSE ME?!"

"Hi, nice to meet you Diluc!"