XLV

ᴄʜᴀɴɢᴇs?

Due to the stress put onto M/n's body while in his abyss form, the male slipped into a coma when returning to Mondstat

Due to the stress put onto M/n's body while in his abyss form, the male slipped into a coma when returning to Mondstat. It was a very worrying thing to happen but everyone kept calm to not stress Albedo out. However, the alchemist was stressed regardless. He found it extremely hard to focus on his work and spent more time ignoring it due to his stress and worry. Durin did his best to help Albedo occupy his mind and get him out of the house for fresh air. That seemed to be the only time Albedo had peace of mind but when they returned home he went back to his worry.

No one lost hope that M/n would wake but they all felt like something was missing in their lives with his cheeky personality. And so for four months, Mondstat felt empty. The days drew on much longer than before as all the people could do was worry for the family which brought much more life to their days with their silly shenanigans.
"Big brother, the miasma has finally cleared from Dragon spine. It should be safe for humans to explore again."

"Ah, that's good...Any news from Aria?"

"She hasn't said anything about M/n's condition which means he's still asleep. I'm sure he'll wake up within the week now that the Miasmic energy is gone. I still can't believe any of that happened...What does the Fatui what with M/n?"Albedo shrugs his shoulder and continues his trek up the mountain with Durin and Axel. He clutches a book to his chest to make sure he wouldn't drop it, it was the same book that M/n was able to read. Albedo found it strange at first when he could suddenly read it fluently when no one else could.
I wonder why is it now that I can understand the content of all the books in the restricted literature section. Hell not even Lisa could read a sentence and she studied ancient literature as a sub-topic at the academia...
A sigh leaves his lips but a strong burst of wind nearly blows Albedo, Durin, and Axel down.
"Dvalin?"

M/n has woken up! Hurry and climb on!

💧✨🪨

Albedo throws the room door open effectively scaring the shit out of M/n, the elf was ready to ask why the door was thrown open so forcefully but stops when taking notice of how Albedo changed.

"Your hair... It's so long now!"Albedo ignores M/n's comment and rushed over to hug his lover.
"Thank the Archons you're awake...I missed you! We all missed you so much, how do you feel?"

"Well rested but what made you grow your hair out? It's a beautiful look on you, might I add. On me, not so much. Could you help me cut my hair?"

"To answer your first question, I thought a change would help keep me from going insane while waiting for you to wake up but it just punctuated how long you were asleep...As for your second question, yes I'll help you after everyone sees you of course."M/n smiles and tells Albedo to call the others in so he could see them and boy was he in for a surprise, everyone changed in their small way.
"Aria are you..."

"Yep, I have a feeling the baby is gonna be a girl!"Diluc blushes as he mentioned that the two held their wedding plans off to wait for M/n to wake up, Durin happily reveals that he became an adventurer and often hung around Bennett and Razor on the daily, Mint was better at speaking thanks to Rubedo and Duchess, Timaeus now had a girlfriend from Liyue, Sucrose was making friends with an old resident of Mondstat who came to visit with others, and Aether had helped out Sumeru recently.
"We also have Tartaglia to thank, he sent some very expensive medicine to keep you healthy while you slept. I'm sure he'd request a spar with you soon as you're up to speed."

"Of course that crazy man would, I wouldn't mind it either! My muscles feel stiff from that coma. I'm just happy to be up and see my family again. I'll make dinner-"

"Absolutely not!"M/n couldn't help but laugh but he also noticed something off... Scaramouch and his brother... Scaramouch mainly, looked different and yet his mind kept calling the short now Anemo user Wanderer...
What's going on with my memories all of a sudden? It's like I have two different versions of him now stored in my brain...
"Say... Wanderer, how did you meet my brother again?"

 Wanderer, how did you meet my brother again?"