XXVIII

Lɪғᴇ, Dᴇᴀᴛʜ, ʀᴇʙɪʀᴛʜ

The two return to the lab, tired and of course a bit cold, especially M/n; his back covered in now dry blood caked on his back, hiding his newest battle scar for the moment

"We're back.."

"Hey, Taglia get the first aid kit. Durin, please give me a hand, and Aether make some tea please, we had a rough morning."No one hesitates and jumps into action, M/n then takes the time to explain what happened a few hours ago. With the first aid kit in front of him, he removes his torn shirt and throws it to the side.
"So, how bad is it?"M/n asks Durin who was dabbing the wound with warm water.
"It's... It's pretty bad, it peaks over your left shoulder a bit and it ends on your right side...Did it hurt?"

"Now that I think about it, not too much. I mean, I did die from the hit but I came back!"

"You do smell a bit on the dead side, I wasn't going to say anything."Durin mutters with a light chuckle and Childe remarks the same, so Albedo ques in.
"What does it smell like?"

"Spider lilies, very sweet and can only be seen in the abyss."Childe then remarks that they were very beautiful but poisonous, however, he never touched them but no matter where you were in the abyss, you could always smell them.
"Alright, I'm no longer curious. I just want to sleep now.."Poor Albedo, he was at his wits end from the Ruin Grader attack, something told him the setting wasn't right especially the warming Seelie's being there.
"Why did you two go there in the first place?"

"Oh yeah! I de-coded the message... However, I wasn't expecting it to be the last words of someone who might have died from the cold.."
They all look over at M/n as he translates the code to make it easier to read.
"To whom this may concern, the sun no longer peaks through the clouds above, the snow never stops, and wildlife has become spares. The constant storms block us from leaving the mountain, is this our punishment? Ever since the Skyfrost Nail fell. Have those in Celestial forgotten us or do they remember and turn a blind eye to those who suffer on this mountain? The others are trapped and I'm trying my hardest to seek help but...I've gotten lost on the way down. There was once a time where the Elves would come to Vindagnyr but I haven't seen one in years. They were the ones who taught us how to navigate the mountains but the lesson is worth nothing as of now, I have nothing left to continue, I hope someone finds this message and save all those I've left behind..."
Durin had stopped moving his hands and just like him the others were shocked.
"Vindagnyr?"

"It's the first name of this mountain, back when it wasn't covered in snow...they said something about the elves and Skyfrost Nail. M/n how old are you?"

"Uh...Let me think... Bare with me, I've been alive for a very, very, very long time."M/n had to search hard through his memories, he was older than Xiao but younger than Ganyu and Venti.
"Uh I believe I'm 2,300-"Childe and Aether choke on their spit, leaving them to cough to clear their airway.
"Are you sure that's how old you are?!"

"Has to be, I knew Venti in his Archon days, I've met a few Adepts when there were many, and I, of course, fought in the Cataclysm. So yeah, I'm pretty fucking old. However, my childhood is quite fuzzy since it's been so long or it's fuzzy because I nearly went into the forever box."Albedo's eye twitches from how casual M/n was, so the Geo alchemist rolls up some paper and wacks M/n on the back of the head twice.
"Ouch! What-"

"Stop being so casual about your death, Liebling."

"Sorry 'Bedo. I didn't mean to be insensitive, it's an unhealthy coping mechanism."Albedo places the paper on the table then places a tender kiss on M/n's cheek. Durin finishes patching up the wound and gave the elf slap on the back, M/n yelps from the hit as the smaller male chuckles.
"It should heal better in a few days, so for now, no sparing with Taglia."