XXI

ᴀᴄᴄɪᴅᴇɴᴛᴀʟ ᴘʜɪʟᴏsᴏᴘʜᴇʀ's sᴛᴏɴᴇ

"M/n, what are you doing?"Aria asked now in her human form, a form she doesn't take often, but since Albedo and the other left to gather materials for the day to give M/n a break, M/n decided to do some research of his own

"M/n, what are you doing?"Aria asked now in her human form, a form she doesn't take often, but since Albedo and the other left to gather materials for the day to give M/n a break, M/n decided to do some research of his own. He wanted to know if he could live up to the ❝Alchemist God❞ title. There had to be a reason why the original was given such a title at such a young age. In his old world, he was just a prodigy that would inherit his mother's company when she was ready to step down. He had the skill to back it up now it was time to test his new ones.
"I found this book after dropping Klee off, I went into the library and scanned through the untranslated section-"

"You mean the restricted literature section..."

"Same thing! Lisa probably won't notice since
no one ever goes over there and most of the books are, like I said, untranslated."The book was older than the rest and it held the light scent of herbs. Though he couldn't fully comprehend words and symbols, he could understand what was needed to make the stone that was drawn on the next page.
Aria felt uneasy about what M/n was doing but she helped out until they both found themselves stuck.
"Tainted blood?"

"Uhhh, Where can we find that?"

"Oi, don't look at me, my blood isn't tainted because I was in the abyss. I merely gained abilities...This might be a very bad idea but I know a place."Now Aria was really worried but she let up and followed him out of the lab.
"Are your feet cold, Aria?"

"Silly boy, my mortal appearance does not feel the cold nor heat. This body is merely here to hold my soul."

"Wow."

"But! Your concern for me does warm my heart."The two chuckle as they trek further up the mountain, M/n was a pro at navigating the mountains and knew a shortcut to Wyrmrest Valley. There was a low pressure in the air that most couldn't feel, a deep sadness that was understandable.
"Hello, Durin..."The heart seemed to tremble with acknowledgment. M/n smiles, the blue of his eyes retreating, leaving gold to show with a blue outline. The pressure lifts from the area, allowing the two to breathe a bit easier.
"I hope you don't mind that I take a bit of your blood? As payment... hmmm maybe I could give you form. It'll be my first attempt so bare with me."The heart sends out a reassuring aura and M/n makes a small cut and holds a bottle to collect some. The small cut immediately heals afterward and M/n says his thanks before wishing Durin well.

It didn't take long for them to return to the lab and M/n starts combining all the ingredients and at first, nothing happens, then the vile violently explodes, spewing smoke everywhere in the lab and Albedo happened to arrive first.
"What in the hell did you get into?"

"Uh, nothing..."M/n said while sliding the book and the beaker of blood behind his back as Aria; back in owl form, timidly waddles from under the table. Albedo didn't believe M/n one bit while Axel didn't have a care in the world and flopped into the couch in the far corner to sleep.

Before Albedo could approach M/n, something shines from the table.
"What is that..."

"To be frank with you, I don't know."

Albedo gasp excitedly when he recognizes the stone on the table! The stone of Legends, a stone that can only be made by the most skilled individual in the world of Alchemy, the Alchemist God

"M/n!"

"I didn't mean to do whatever I did!"

"No, you didn't do anything wrong! You-You created the Philosopher stone, but assuming your reaction, you created it by accident, what notes did you follow?"M/n chuckles dryly as he drops the hidden book onto the table, the title wasn't something Albedo could read but he could recognize the book.
"Rhinedottir once had this book. She said it was gifted to her by an Elven man, she never said who. The book is in the dead tongue of the elves, so, understandably, you don't know it either but how did you get around the language barrier?"

"The illustrations and I can comprehend some of the words written."