XIII

Dᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜs ᴍᴇɴ

"You look like a real fighter~"This was an unexpected encounter for M/n in the field, he was only out at the crack of dawn because Albedo asked him to gather some fresh material and herbs for the day but he never thought that a certain battle craz...

"You look like a real fighter~"This was an unexpected encounter for M/n in the field, he was only out at the crack of dawn because Albedo asked him to gather some fresh material and herbs for the day but he never thought that a certain battle crazed man out in the open. M/n contemplated on what to do as Axel growls and vocally at that; in attempts to scare the man away from his leader.
"I can smell years and years of blood on you from a mile away. You're his younger brother, you too don't resemble each other too much but the eyes and ears are the same. I wonder if you're stronger than him..."

"....What do you want from me, stranger?"

"A fight."M/n was unsure of what to do but he too wanted to brawl with the ginger, although something was telling him not to and just walk away from him. He sighs softly, shaking his head to decline the battle but something whizzed by his ear and soon blood trickles down his cheek. Childe had shot an arrow at M/n. The elf continues to contemplate on his situation, his blood boils as this primal need to fight rises into his chest, he steps forward but a hand grips his forearm. Angered by this, he snaps his head around, blue meeting blue.

"Sir Childe, Aether wouldn't appreciate you making a scene in the territory of the Anemo Archon. Haven't you done enough?"

"What's so wrong with a morning battle?"

"Your death, that would be wrong. If I'm correct, Aether said you have a family. So I advise that you not anger a warrior that fought through the Cataclysm. Please apologize to M/n for attacking with consent for a battle."Childe scoff as he turns from Albedo to glance at M/n, however, he broke into a cold sweat. He was petrified all of a sudden, his body wouldn't listen and his mind was thrown into terror when making eye contact with M/n. There was strong pressure in the air and looking back at him was a cold-blooded killer much worse than himself. The feeling of suffocation took hold of him as the golden hues bore into him.
Wh-What is this?! I feel as if I'm being cornered and there's no escape, I...I can't breathe.

Childe stumbles back, tripping over a tree root but he didn't dare stand up and the fall was enough to break his eye contact.
"M/n what did you do."

"I put that brat in his place instead of killing him. If he didn't fear anything, he does now.."A wicked smile crosses M/n's lips as his shoulders shake violently and his laugh tears through the air; shaking Childe to his core.
"That should teach you a lesson, when someone declines to battle you, it's for your own good...But since I know you have family, I wouldn't dare lay a finger on you. However, I must apologize."

"Hu-Huh?"

"I didn't mean to do that, I'm sorry. Children like you need fear in your life and it should help you grow as a person even more."M/n voices softly, thought, yes he was angry that Childe didn't respect his decline, he was also at fault for allowing something so childish to anger him so much. Childe of course stayed silent for a moment before suddenly standing up, eyes sparkling as if he saw a celebrity.
"Train me to be as strong as you!"

".... Excuse me?!"

"Please! I wish to be as terrifying as you! I wish to put fear into my enemies as you do, so please teach me! I won't disappoint!"

"Uhh, are you insane?!"

💧💧💧

Eventually, M/n and Albedo returned to Dragonspine; After the Elf reluctantly agreed to train Childe. Once in the lab, M/n drapes himself on the couch in the far corner of the resting room; often slept on by Albedo when he's too lazy to leave the mountain.
"Why did my morning start like that?"

"Who knows but...M/n?"

"Hm? Did I forget something on the list? Can't be, I made sure to double-check and I even grabbed extras just in case you needed-"

"No, you have everything...I...I'm ready to explore m-myself...I made sure that I gave Sucrose the day off so we wouldn't be disturbed..."Albedo shyly climbs into M/n's lap while fumbling with his hands and avoiding eye contact while doing so.
"Oh? You're finally ready? Aria, take Axel elsewhere and allow him to hunt until tired."