XIX

ᴛᴡɪɴɴɪɴɢ ᴘᴀsᴛ

"Liebling?"Albedo calls out gently, at first, he didn't get a response, so he calls out again promoting M/n to trip over a stool and fall

"Are you alright?"

"Yep! However, it's going to take a while before I get used to you calling me by a pet name... Though, I like Liebling. Was there something you needed, Bedo?"

"I was curious about your past. Alice once let it slip that you were in the abyss when you were younger."This was news to M/n but then again it could also explain that one vague leak he read before coming to Teyvat and the strange scar on his back; made know to him by Tartaglia during a sparing session.
"....Hmm, now that I remember. I was pushed into the abyss by some elven kids that were older than me."M/n closes his eyes as the memories move up to the surface, it was similar to when he was pushed in a well by some bullies.
"I remember, it being dark, no wind, and no exit. As I stared into the emptiness, something stared back at me. Suddenly a rift opens up behind me and I ran to it but something caught my back as I fell through the rift. When I woke up, I was in bed and a week had gone by."

"Your parents must have been worried."

"Yeah, they were. I was sick from whatever cashed that scar on my bad and I nearly died but with my surprisingly good luck I made it out...But I think that's when Casshern started to treat me differently because soon after I got my vision."Now it couldn't be a mistake, he and the original shared a lot in common, especially their past. He got sick from the gash he got when he fell down the well and nearly died from infection. His brother also began to act strange afterward, especially when a few years later when M/n earned a scholarship at a young age.
"Maybe...I was looking through rose-colored glasses the entire time."

"What do you mean?"

"Maybe things weren't always good between us...My adoration for my brother must have blocked me from noticing anything wrong.." M/n ponders on everything between him and his brother both from his original world and now in this world.
"If you don't mind me asking, what do you think happened? Could it be inferiority?"

"I don't wish to think of it that way but it seems that way. I mean, Casshern and I weren't related by blood..."His mood dampens, even more, it was the same.
I can't run away from those problems here because he also dealt with the same issues...
M/n frowns deeply, a frown that hadn't settled on his face in a while and Albedo noticed. He began to think it wasn't such a good idea anymore. He parts his lips to change the subject but was interrupted by a sharp intake of breath coming from M/n, in that moment, Albedo could see the expression of realization take over M/n's once perplexed face.
"I remember now, I remember what he said to me before I washed up in cider lake.."

"M/n-"

"The reason he hates me so fucking much!"Tear push up in the lower lid of M/n's eyes at the shock of what he starts to relieve because the original was killed.
"M/n, stop! Don't think about it anymore-"

"Because I was recognized as the Alchemist God and not him...I was chosen at a young age to be the next leader of our people...Not him. Oh my Archons, he indirectly pushed me into the abyss hoping I wouldn't come out alive!"The tears flood down his cheeks as his eyes turn gold with a blue outline. Albedo stumbles over to the crying male and whispers softly to M/n, reassuring him as best as he could. It pains Albedo to see the strong elf cry.
"I didn't want to be all of those things, I just wanted to be at my brothers' side through everything."

"Shh, it's okay, Liebling."The air surrounding them was thick and Albedo felt as if he were suffocating but he pushed through until the dense air lifted.
Those who fall into the abyss never come out unscathed.
Albedo had newfound hate for Casshern, how dare he hurt M/n so much? However, all the blondie could do was be there for the one he loved. Soon Axel and Aria join in on comforting M/n in their special way.
"You know what, M/n? Let's head down the mountain and spend all of tomorrow with Klee."As this transpires, neither of them realized that someone was watching them from afar.

"As this transpires, neither of them realized that someone was watching them from afar