XXVII

ɴᴇᴀʀ ᴅᴇᴀᴛʜ ᴇxᴘᴇʀɪᴇɴᴄᴇ

After a wonderful nap, everyone woke up on the bed unexpectedly

After a wonderful nap, everyone woke up on the bed unexpectedly. A bit confused by their placement, it was answered by the smell of dinner being made, of course, they bolt to see who it was, and behold an elf M/n was cooking happily.
"Heyo sleepy peeps! Dinners ready, I was getting ready to head in and wake ya."

"Cheerful even after being stuck in your abyssal form for nearly an entire day. Good to hear your voice, Liebling."M/n chuckles lightly then remark how he was nearly crushed by everyone when he suddenly turned back. This embarrassed both Aether and Albedo to hear, the others not so much, especially since Durin falls asleep on M/n all the time, so what made this any different?
"Sorry about that."

"No need to say sorry love, I got to see my favorite people sleeping without worry. So All's well. Anyway! Dinner time, tonight I made my favorite; Curry! I know you don't like too much meat, 'Bedo. So I made it with less than normal. For sides, toasted bread and salad and I made fresh sweet flower iced tea. Oh, before you forget, I made Apple pie for dessert! Enjoy."The sight was mouthwatering, they say their thanks to the chef and dig in, hell even Aria and Axel had curry as well. That night everyone was satisfied with the meal.

🪨🪨🪨

The next day, M/n and Albedo set out for some exploring; leaving Aether in charge while they're gone for the time being.
"Ah, there's nothing like ruin exploring in the morning with your lover~"

"*Yawn~* Why so early?"

"Because around early noon a storm usually blocks this area off, last time I came there's a Ruin Grader that has a blinking light, I believe it's mores code."M/n studied Teyvat's mores code just for this moment, he had to know what the Ruin Grader was relaying. Albedo chuckles at M/n's childlike enthusiasm but he shivers a bit, not because he was cold, he felt as if someone was watching them. Without alarming M/n he casually looks around but ultimately finds nothing nearby. M/n strikes down the ruined stairs then towards the Ruin Grader as Albedo watches the warming Seelie's float around warming mechanisms.

His curiosity got the better of him and he advances towards the Seelie's before he could reach out and touch one, they start to move on their own, this startles Albedo as he watches them circle, touching each warming mechanism. He didn't understand one bit but then he remembers, they weren't in the area the last time he stumbled across the ruin. Albedo turns around to get M/n's attention but he was quickly tackled to the ground by M/n, who was near the Grader when it suddenly started to move and attack.
"Albedo, we have to hurry! If we knock it down the mountain it'll break!"

"What about your research-"

"I have what I need! Right now it's not important and we need to move quickly!"Albedo nods and the two jump into action, both attacking in tandem. They struggle pushing it back so M/n quickly decides to break the mechanism on its leg then knock it back. The plan was working until the Grader turns its attention on Albedo and attacks, taken aback by this Albedo wasn't prepared but M/n once again takes Albedo down to the after managing to freeze the Grader.
"Whew, what a morning am I right, Liebling?"Nothing, the Hydro Alchemist was silent, Albedo calls out to his lover once more but this time more urgently, while quickly sitting up; struggling in the process since M/n was heavier than he was. Placing a hand onto M/n's back is when he felt what was wrong, his back was extremely hot to the touch and there was blood on Albedo's hand when he pull it back.
"M/N?!"Tears line his lower lid and he hurriedly searches his bag for potions but a gasp follows before he could get M/n to drink the potion.
"Holy fuck! I'm alive?! AHAHAHA! I'M ALIVE, I'M ALIVE!"M/n springs to his feet, jumping around like a madman but it was justified, he was almost dead!

Something, pushed him back into being just as he felt himself slip out of the world. He tackles Albedo once more but from sheer joy but Something caught Albedo's eyes once the shock wore off.
"Liebling...Your eye..."

In M/n's left eye was a symbol, it was gold with a blue background, his pupil was no longer present, meaning that the symbol took its place

"What happened?"

"I think you had to die to become the true God of Alchemy because I'm looking at the marking of the Alchemist God or I'm still in shock and I'm seeing things... W-We need to head back to the lab."