XV

Rᴜᴍᴏʀs

After a few hours, M/n left Dragonspine to bring back something to eat for himself and Albedo, of course, he left a note behind and ordered Aria to stay behind with the alchemist to soothe any worries he would have when waking up to the empty lab

He definitely enjoyed himself, so I know there is more to come later.
M/n was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't realize that the citizens were staring at him, whispering to each other, and even glaring at him. Just as M/n reached Good hunter, he ran into Eula, who was drinking tea at her table.
"Afternoon Eula-"

"M/n?! My goodness, where have you been?"

"You saw me yesterday, why are you so surprised?"Eula rounds the table quickly and drag's M/n into the alley and frantically fires off question after question at the confused man.
"Whoa whoa! What's going on?"

"Haven't you heard?"

"Heard what? I just got back into town. What did I miss between yesterday and now?"

"Uh...Kaeya has been saying some pretty awful things about you... Though the majority of us don't believe it since we know you...a majority of the younger adults believe his lies."Eula then goes on to explain how Kaeya claimed that M/n was a narcissistic lover who was never kind to him and only pretend to be nice when others were around.
"...."

"M-M/n?"

"Where is he."Eula immediately tried to tell M/not to engage because it would make it worse but M/n wouldn't listen, he stormed off to the Knights of Favonius building, his rage and sorrow were all he could feel in the moment, Eula pleads for him to stop but to no avail. Suddenly it began to rain inside of the city, it shocked many as it poured harder and harder by the second.
I thought people in this world would be different! I was so wrong to believe that shit like this doesn't happen here!

And then he spots Kaeya, while stomping up to the Calvary captain he punches the male in the face, sending him down to the ground.
"What was that for!?"

"Oh? You really don't know?! Eula just told me what you've been saying to the people I protect! I don't talk shit about you to anyone, I've never told anyone anything bad! That shits embarrassing, Kaeya! You were my everything! Every time someone asked me what it was like to be with you, I tell them it was a beautiful experience and that I wish I could feel that way again and I meant every word! I just wish we could have stayed together but I'm not the one who did anything wrong, it was you! I wasn't narcissistic, I didn't drink all the time, and I sure as hell didn't flirt with others! It was all you babe, not me. When I sleep with randos, I let them know that there will be no feelings attached, it's just sex. Do you hear them spreading rumors?! No, because they respected me enough not to do that!"By the end of M/n's yelling, there was a crowd of onlookers.

Surely enough they heard every word M/n yelled, many felt like fools for being easily swayed while others were proud to know that they knew the protector well.
"Why, Kaeya? I did everything I could to make you happy and yet...And yet you slept with my best friend...Did you expect me to clamor back to you? To beg for your love in hopes you'll take me back? Is that what you wanted to happen? My Archons, and you called me a narcissist, Fuck you. I hope Rosaria leaves you as you left me."M/n storms off before the rain could stop, because if he didn't, people would see that tears were running down his face and not rain.

He was truly hurt, he walked until he reached the lab. His tears ceased for the moment, however, the look of despair and his bleeding lip; that he bit in attempts to hold back tears said what it needed to when Albedo saw him.
"M-M/n?"

"Hehe, why did I run to you? You'll just break my heart, won't you..."

"What are you-"

"It was a mistake for me to come here."And just like that, M/n vanished in a trail of water leaving Albedo confused, startled, and worried.

"And just like that, M/n vanished in a trail of water leaving Albedo confused, startled, and worried