Chapter 4

From her jungle, the lemurs scamper around the foliage chattering excitedly. Maurice stood next to a pilot skeleton trying to get everyone's attention.. They were inside an old airplane which had been wrecked for years.

Maurice: Everybody, calm down. Come on. Into your chairs. Yes. Everybody please, calm down. Let go of his tail. Separate those two, would you, please? You over here, and you over there. Everybody Shhh... Calm down, people, OK?

Misty arrived with Jewel on her side. She was just light enough to get in the plane.

Misty. Sorry I'm late for the meeting, Maurice. It's just kinda weird meeting new faces around.

She sat down at an old open seat with the other lemurs.

Maurice: It's fine Misty. You came just in time. Now, presenting your royal highness, the illustrious blah, blah, blah. You know, et cetera, et cetera. Hooray. Let's go.

Maurice turned to King Julien who was sitting in the co-pilot's seat.

King Julien: Now, everybody, we all have great curiosity about our guests, the New York giants.

A lemur raised his hand.

King Julien: Yes, Willie?

Willie: I like them.

Mort: I like them. I like them. I liked them first. Before I even met them I liked them.

King Julien: Yes, yes.

Mort: When I saw them, I liked them right away. You hate them compared to how much I like them.

King Julien: Oh, shut up. You're so annoying!

Mort: Hee-hee-hee.

King Julien: Now, for as long as we can remember, we have been attacked and eaten by the dreaded fossa.

The lemurs started to panic.

Lemur: The fossa! The fossa are attacking! Aah! AAHHH!!

The lemurs started to run around like crazy as Misty held Jewel close.

Misty: Calm down everyone.

Lemur: It's a cookbook! It's a cookbook!

King Julien: Alright! Please. Please. Maurice.

Maurice: Shh! Quiet! Come on, y'all. They're not attacking us this very instant.

The other lemurs sighed, relieved. They surely are glad that it was just an alarm.

Misty: There is no Fossa in the plane. They can't even climb, except in their own territory.

King Julien: So my genius plan is this: We will make the New York giants our friends and keep them close. Then, with Mr. Alex protecting us, we will be safe and never have to worry about the dreaded fossa ever again! I thought of that. I thought of that. Yes. Me. I did.

Everyone nodded their head yes. It was a good plan. [Music plays]

Maurice: Hold on, hold on, everybody. Hold on. I'm just thinking now. I mean, does anyone wonder why the fossa were so scared of Mr. Alex? I mean, maybe we should be scared too. What if Mr. Alex is even worse than the fossa?

A mutter of concern went through the lemur group. Misty was right about this.

Maurice: I'm telling you, that dude just gives me the heebiedabajeebies.

King Julien: Maurice, you did not raise your hand. Therefore, your heinous comment will be stricken from the record. Does anyone else have the heebie-jeebies? No? Good. So shut up. When the New York giants wake up, we will make sure that they wake up in paradise. Ha-ha-ha-ha! Now, who would like a cookie?