Chapter 9

A few hours later, everyone was on the beach, sitting around a long banquet table in front of Marty's cabana. Alex sat at the head of the table on a bamboo throne.

Skipper: Close those eyes.

Alex: Why do I have to close my eyes?

Skipper: Do it.

Alex: Alright. They're closed.

Misty set Jewel down on the table as she giggled.

Skipper: Rico.

Rico started cutting up a fish and removing the skin off. He kinda likes Japanese style.

Skipper: Open that hatch.

Alex opened his mouth and Skipper popped the tuna into it using a long pair of chopsticks.

Skipper: Fire in the hole. Now chew. Chew like you mean it. Savor it.

Marty: And?

Gloria: Well?

Melman: Pretty good, right?

King Julien: There's always Plan B.

Julien held Mort up by the hands.

Alex: This is better than steak! I love it. I love it!

Skipper: The kitty loves the fishy.

Misty sighed relieved that Alex had come to his senses again. His wounds have been patched. Except for his scar on his nose.

Marty: Well, I propose a toast. Now, he may be a pain in the butt at times... And trust me, I know. But this cat proved to me without a doubt that his heart is bigger than his stomach. To Alex.

Everyone: To Alex!

Jewel giggled as she blew huge bubbles from her lips, giggling happily.

Marty: Well, what do you guys think? Should we head back to New York?

Alex: I don't know, Marty. I mean, this is your dream. You sure you want to leave?

Marty: I don't care where we are. As long as we're together, it doesn't matter to me.

Alex: Well, in that case... Yo. Rico. I'll take 300 orders to go.

Rico: Hai.

Misty: Oh, I always wanted to travel with you guys. I have been trapped on this island for many years.

Marty: Of course Misty. You're with us now.

Julien stepped up.

King Julien: Yes, yes. But before you leave, I have an announcement to make. So shut up, everyone, please. Thank you. After much deep and profound brain things inside my head, I have decided to thank you for bringing peace to our home. And to make you feel good, I'm gonna give you this lovely parting gift.

Julien took his crown and placed it on Alex's head.

Alex: No, I couldn't. Really, I can't take your crown.

King Julien: That's OK, I've got a bigger crown. It's got a gecko on it.

He pulled out a larger crown that is about three times bigger than his other one.

As the animals got on board the boat. Every lemur waved goodbye to them.

Alex: Bye, little fuzzbuckets!

Gloria: Thanks for everything!

Marty: Bye!

Alex: So long!

King Julien: Okay, bye-bye, now.

Marty: Arrivederci.

King Julien: Bye-bye.

Maurice: Toodle-oo!

Mort: Bye! Goodbye!

King Julien: See you later, crocodile. Maurice, my arm is tired. Wave it for me. Faster, you naughty little monkey!

Alex: You know, by the time we get to New York, it's gonna be the middle of winter. So I was just thinking, why rush? Maybe we could make a few side stops along the way?

Marty: Maybe Paris.

Gloria: Ooh! You just read my mind.

Alex: I was thinking Spain.

Marty: Yeah. Run with the bulls.

Gloria: What about Fiji?

Melman: Ooh! Canada. Can we? Cheap meds. Eh?

Alex: You know, I wouldn't even mind coming back here sometime.

Melman: Yeah, I could do that.

Gloria: You could say that again.

Meanwhile, the penguins looked over from their beach towels.

Private: Skipper, don't you think we should tell them that the boat's out of gas?

Skipper: Nah. Just smile and wave, boys. Smile and wave.