Chapter 20

At the volcano, Julien and Maurice seemed confused about why the ritual didn't work.

Julian: I don't know why the sacrifice didn't work. The science seemed so solid. I'd jump right in that volcano if I wasn't so good at whistling.

He blew raspberries trying to whistle. Still, he wasn't good at this. Soft singing caused them to turn and saw that it was Mort. Suddenly, a massive shark appeared trying to take a bite out of Mort. The mouse lemur humanoid ran as fast as he could avoiding the shark's teeth.

Mort: Bad fishy!

Julien and Maurice: AHHHH!!!

Terrified, Julien and Maurice jumped and hung on to the edge of the cliff as the shark plummeted into the lava. Mort managed to grab Maurice's tail just in time.

Maurice: I wonder if the gods like seafood.

Julien: Let's find out.

They climbed back up and peered over the valley, the river was finally here.

Julien: Look, Maurice.

Maurice: That was quick.

Julien: I  did it! I did it! I did it!

The lava poured upward like a hot spring making them scream.

Julien: OK, you did it!

Mort: Oh, yes!!

At the water hole, Makunga lifted a leaf up full of water to his mouth while the other animals started laying on the ground, their tongues hanging out of their mouths. Suddenly, a rumble thunder throughout the ground. The animal tribes turned their heads to figure out what caused the noise just in time to be engulfed by a great wave. The water hole filled with refreshing clean life giving water as Misty, Zuba and Alex rode their barrel to shore. The animals erupted with glee.

Hippo: Look!

Animals: It's Alakay! It's Zuba! You did it! Alakay, Zuba, you did it!

Florrie: Zuba! Alakay! You're back! I'm so glad you're safe!

The tribe continued their cheering as Alex hugged his mother and father tightly.

Makunga: Out of my way. Well, well, well. You know, Zuba, if I remember correctly, you quit the pride. And you were kicked out. So don't think that this changes anything.

Alex: You're right. In fact, we humbly present you with this token of appreciation. It's a man bag. Very popular where I'm from.

Makunga looked stunned as Alex presented him with a purse.

Makunga: Don't know what to say.

Alex: Still be tough and carry your stuff.

Makunga nodded with interest and tried the bag over his shoulder.

Makunga: Does the strap adjust? Yes. I think this will go very nicely for me when I go out hiking. But afraid you're still banished.

Misty tipped the barrel releasing Nana. She rolled out, rose to her feet and squinted at the lion carrying her purse.

Nana: My handbag! You bad kitty!

She kicked Makunga in the groin. She started smacking him all over his body as Makunga screeched. Misty gave out a try by pulling his tail hard. Nana started to join her too.

Misty: This is for being such a selfish lion. This is for making Zuba terrible. This is for setting Alex up, stealing Zuba's leadership, and fooling everyone!