Chapter 28

Alex was very excited about his plan to reinvent the circus. He rushed to find the other circus animals to tell them about his idea. They were bound to like what he had to say, right? Wrong!

Vitaly: I missed.

Gia: Who do you think you are?!

Jonesy: Are you kidding? l'm gonna chew his leg off!

The train was stopped in an isolated Alpine clearing. Alex, Misty and the other Zoosters faced the circus animals humanoids. Vitaly stepped forward and comforted Alex.

Misty: Okay. Guys, calm down!

Misty tried to tell the circus humanoids to stay calm for a moment.

Vitaly: Circus has been same for generations! We make good, classic family entertainment.

Stefano: Aha! But last few generations, families... not so entertained. Mmm..

Alex: That's right. Families not so entertained because you're just going through the motions out there. lt's missing passion.

Vitaly: How one to have passion for stool poked in face?

Marty: Exactly! And by stool you mean chair, right?

Alex: The fact is, you guys, you got stuck in a rut. You stopped pushing, you stopped taking risks. But those days are over. Because now we're going to completely change the show.

Freddie: Then it wouldn't be a circus, would it?

Alex: Circus is not about the acts you do. Circus is in here.

Jonesy: How come Freddie gets all the circus?

The other dogs leaned over and looked at Freddie's chest and Freddie lashed out and punched one of them.

Alex: Circus is about following your passions, wherever they take you!

Vitaly: Pftt. You cannot change circus. There is long tradition!

Alex: That's what everybody thought, Vitaly, until those French Canadians came along, drunk off their maple syrup and cheap pharmaceuticals, and completely flipped the paradigm.

Marty: Now they play Vegas. Fifty shows a day in 52 separate venues. And one of them completely in the nude.

Alex: Yeah, that's right. And you know how they did it?

Stefano: Take off their clothes?

Alex: No. They got rid of the animals.

Stefano: What?

Marty: Say it ain't so!

The other humanoids gasped in horror. No humanoids in the circus? How could that be possible?

Stefano: Che stupida! No animals... How could they?!

Alex: Well, you know what l say to that! l say they can take the animals out of the circus, but they cannot take Page 24/39 the animals out of the circus! l mean, they cannot... l think you understand what l'm saying!

Alex: We don't need humans because we've got passion. What does a human say when he's passionate? He says, "l'm an animal!" Well, we are animals!

Misty: Even if an animal had its own circus. It would be an all animal Cirque Du Soleil show everyone will love and enjoy.

The animals stared at Misty. What is the white tigress talking about?

Alex: We'll make an all-animal circus! Because if we follow our passion, we can go anywhere.