Chapter 22

It was now afternoon. The group had made it to the casino and had put their plan into action. Misty found some unique clothing to wear on since their ruined clothes from Madagascar was all muddy and dirty.

Alex: OK. Phase One: We break into the casino, grab the penguins, and get them to take us back to New York in the Monkey-Powered Super Plane!

Marty: Check.

Alex: Phase Two: We chew out the penguins for abandoning us in Africa.

Melman: Check.

Alex: Phase Three: We apologize to the penguins for overly harsh chewing outing, but we've gotten our point across. Phase Four: Back to New York City.

Marty: Check.

Gloria: Yes!

Melman: l like it!

Misty excitedly agreed with that.

Alex: All right, we take these ventilation ducts to the crawlspace above the casino where we find the penguins. l just need to figure out which duct each of us should take.

Actually, it was simple to figure out. One duct was long and narrow, one was wide and squat, one was stripped and the one was orange each made for a mammal.

Misty and the Zoosters traveled through their ducts until they reached a small dusty room.

Misty was the first who was shot out. Alex flew out of his duct and shot across the room. Then Marty flew out of his pipe and landed right on top of Alex and Misty. Melman's exit was another way. He struggled to squeeze himself out from the small opening.. Suddenly, the wall that held the duct collapsed and Melman shot across the room colliding with Misty, Alex and Marty. The four didn't have much time to think about what was happening. Because at that very moment, they heard a loud rumbling noise coming from Gloria's duct. Unable to move out of the way, the boys and Misty did the only thing they could do. Scream! She got stuck face first as Misty looked above.

Marty: Whoo!

Melman: Hi, honey.

Marty: OK!

He untangled himself and tried to pull her out of the duct. As Melman tried to free Gloria from the duct, Alex and Marty worked on the plan to get into the casino, turning their attention to a piece of stained glass that was embedded into the floor in the middle of the room. Below the glass was the heart of the casino. Alex extended his claw as Marty licked his hands and placed them on the glass. As Alex cut a circle in the glass, Marty used his hands as suction cups to lift out the cut glass. From her jar, Jewel poked her fishy head from Misty's bag.

Alex: Now, they're not gonna let animals on to the casino floor, so expect some kind of disguise.

The Zoosters started the crowd of well dressed high class gamblers below. The one with a white mask and white wig was below.

Marty: Look at that! That is one ugly, mug-ugly lady! That is roach-killing ugly!

Alex: That's not a lady. That's the King of Versailles. And that's not the King of Versailles. That's the chimps. And the chimps are like smoke. And where there's smoke, there's fire. And by fire, l mean the penguins!

Misty: So male humans wear wigs? I never saw that coming.

Alex was right. At the fourteen table standing in front of a big pile of chips was the King of Versailles who was made up of a pole of chimps and penguins. Phil was the face of the king, and underneath his costume was Mason, Skipper and Kowalski. Skipper had put together a periscope so he could see what was happening at the roulette table.