Chapter 29

The circus train chugged its way to London in the United Kingdom. Once there the humanoids set up the big top on the banks of the River Thames. Big Ben and the Westminster Bridge looked in the background. The people in London were excited to see the circus. They streamed into the tent and packed the house. Although the humanoids were excited that so many people had come out to see them, there was only one person they wanted there. The circus promoter. Skipper and the penguins looked through the binoculars.

Skipper: Ah, come on, come on, come on. Where is he? Bingo!

Just then, the lenses landed on a large cowboy hat. The man was wearing a bald eagle perched on his shoulder. That had to be him, the lone American in the crowd.

Skipper: lf that's not a red-blooded American promoter, l don't know what is. We need to get this show on the road.

Everyone was ready and waiting backstage. The penguins were dressed in big top hats and bow ties, and Alex was checking out the crowd.

Skipper: Private! Tell them the eagle has landed.

Private: The eagle has landed!

Alex: Roger that. Oh! And keep an eye out for Dubois.

Private: Aye, aye, guvnor!

The other humanoids were getting ready too. Misty appeared with a lovely rainbow stripe makeup with blue eye lashes. Marty was painted with green stripes, Melman was covered with blue spots and Gloria was covered with light brown stripes. 

Alex: The promoter is in the house! New York is closer than ever! Let's not get ahead of ourselves. First, we got a circus to do.

Gloria: Got it.

Alex: We're on, folks!

Horse #1: Do we go on before or after the dogs?

Alex: Yes.

Horses: What?

Alex: Overlap, your acts overlap.

Horse #2: We go in between?

Everyone was sure that the circus promoter would love their show so much that he'd sign them to a US tour, which would stop in New York.

Alex: Where's Vitaly? He opens.

Horse #2: l don't know.

Misty and Alex looked around and found Stefano hiding in the paper screen. His head was turned away.

Alex: Stefano! Hey, Stefano! Have you seen Vitaly?

Stefano turned to Alex. His eyes were filled with tears and were huge. He was...sniffling.

Misty: Hey. Stefano, why the sad little face?

Stefano: Vitaly... HE WILL NOT GO ON!

Alex: What?

Stefano: l tried everything l could.

Stefano whimpered as he wiped his tears and sobbed.

Alex: Shhhhh.. Wipe away the tears. Calm down.

Misty: Where is he? I'm sure l can reason with him.

Misty begins to find Vitaly on the train. There she found him in his room. She flung a knife toward and struck the wall. Vitaly did notice the white tiger.

Misty: Vitaly, what are you doing?

Vitaly: You missed.

Misty: You're leaving? You're just gonna walk out on everybody?