Chapter 30

As they finally got to New York, Misty looked above at the Central Park Zoo outside the tent. She sighed sadly as she thought about this many years ago. She remembered Marty telling her how he had longed to see the world. His desire had been so strong that on his birthday a few years ago, he actually left the zoo. Alex and the others went after him to bring him home but they never made it back. Instead, they had wild adventures through Madagascar, Africa and Europe. She sighed and knew it was time to move on.

Vitaly: Come, everybody. We have show to do.

Stefano is still sad about Marty who left. He wiped his tears away and sniffled.

Stefano: But how do l go on without Marty?

Vitaly: Stefano.

Stefano: l don't know what to do.

Vitaly: You can still do cannon solo.

Stefano: [crying] But... l want to do solo act with Marty!

He burst into tears and sniffled.

Misty: Don't cry, Stef. Don't you think we still need them?

Vitaly: I don't know..

Gia: And what do l do? Go back to sitting and standing and rolling over?

Vitaly: No. We can do impossible! And we never go back to way we used to be.

Stefano: The way it used to be isn't the way it was. And it won't be the same without them, whatever way it is.

Misty then heard someone coming. She felt her ears prick up and saw who it was.

King Julien: Sonya, where are you? Sonya! Excuse me.

Misty saw that it was Julien. He bumped into a crate and wobbled around. He seemed dizzy.

Misty: Julien?

Just then, Sonya let out a loud roar.

King Julien: Sonya, baby! l don't want to be king anymore! l was so hung up on who l was... who you was... what you smelled like...when all that really matters is what we smell like together. l know! Baby, forgive me.

What Julien said struck Vitaly, Gia and Stefano. Julien was right. The circus was better when everyone was together. Misty wondered why he was acting loopy. What was wrong with Julien? If you look closely, you could see that he has a dart sticking out on his tail. A tranquilizer dart had shot him along with the zoosters. Kowalski plucked the dart out of his tail.

Kowalski: Gasp! lt's Dubois!

Skipper: Baba booey! Where did you get this?

King Julien: l got it from the zoo.

Skipper: The hippies got ambushed!

The circus animals are completely horrified and shocked.

Gia: What? We have to help them!

Horse: But they lied to us!

Jonesy: Yeah. Why should we lift a paw?

Gia: They are our friends!

Jonesy: They're not even circus!

Vitaly: That's Bolshevik!

Misty: It is?

Misty didn't know what to do. The dogs felt kinda ashamed of themselves.

Skipper: l never thought I'd say this on American soil, but the Russki's right!

Misty: What can I do?

Skipper turned to Misty. She seemed very worried.

Skipper: You know kid, You didn't roar once, you could try and let out that inner tigress of yours.