Unexpected encounter [4]

Seeing him walking in with his friends I quickly ran to the counter and greet them with a big-ass smile.

"Welcome to our shop."

"Hey dummy... Do you work in this coffee shop?" Taehyung is the first to notice me.

"Yes... So what do you want?"

All of them ordered their coffee as they please and at the end it was Jungkook's turn who seemed to be waiting for his hyungs to be done with their order.

What A Cutie.... I chuckled in my mind seeing this humble sight of him.

"One cold coffee. Thanks." He said without even glancing at me.

I felt slightly bad, but shrugging off my little sadness I started the process of making the coffees they want.

~~

After serving their orders I said "Enjoy your drinks" as always I say to every person after serving their orders to them.

I was looking here and there doing nothing or maybe playing with my phone. Then it hit me hard.

I saw that it's already past 10 pm. I didn't realise it's this late while enjoying the presence of Jungkook around me. I should have been got off work by then and on top of that Jes is sick. But they don't look like they're leaving anytime soon.

Would it be rude if I kindly ask them to go away?

Well... Fuck it. I'm gonna try. I can't betray my sis for anyone.

I walked up to them. I was close to Jungkook's sit where he was sitting with his back towards the way I stand.

As I was just trying to call them, Jungkook suddenly stand up out of nowhere and without a warning he just turned around to bump into my small figure.

My nose hits his hard chest which made me wonder if he lives in a gym or something...

Grabbing my nose gently I looked at him and said "Sorry... But can you guys please leave now? I have to go home right away. And it's already late. So... Can you guys leave?" In one breath.

Jungkook backed away one step and said "Sure".

That's it? Is he not gonna ask me if I'm okay or not? I literally groaned in pain in front of him but he gave completely 0 fucks. Wow... Meankook!!

But well I don't have time to deal with him right now. After they got out of the shop, I quickly cleaned the table they were sitting on and I left the dishes cause I'm in a rush.

I locked the door of the shop and left for my home.

~~

I was running towards the elevator cause it was about to close. But somehow I got in.

But to my very much surprise there was this man with cold grey eyes and brown hair staring at me or should I say glaring at me?

I was so shocked that I couldn't move my eyes nor my body.

"Are you stalking me?"

That's what I thought of asking you...

"I live here. What about you? You can't be stalking me which I already know. So... I guess you are here for some reason!"

"You don't need to know" as expected.

He's too cold to be a human. Ughhhh!!! Can I punch him on his handsome face?

Omg Omg.... Calm down Emi calm down... I told myself.

I was a bit mad at him so I kept silent the whole time.

I got out of the elevator when it reaches the floor my place at.

I was in a hurry so I didn't bother saying goodbye to him, but surprisingly he also got out at the same floor.

I looked at him while walking straight and opened the door of my apartment as I saw him do the same.

"So... You are the neighbour who moved in today...!" I said to him and he didn't even spare me a slight glance before shutting the door with an LOUD thud.

Woah.... Is he blaming his luck for being my neighbour unfortunately? He must be doing that for sure.

I got in my room, changed my clothes to casual wear and headed to Jes's room.

I opened the door and got closer to her bed where she was lying down or probably sleeping. I tried not to make any sound so that it won't disturb her sleep and got close to her to hear her soft snores.

Good that she's sleeping. I smiled to myself.

I lightly touched her forehead to see if the fever is too much or it's good?

And thankfully her fever doesn't seems like too bad now.

I'm gonna be here the whole night cause I don't feel mentally peaceful leaving any patient in another room. I'll rather observe her sitting here beside her bed.

As I was almost falling asleep I suddenly heard light groans from somewhere. I was confused at first but it didn't take me much time to realise that it's from my sis.

She always gets nightmares of her adoptive abusive parents beating her whenever she gets fever.

She still can't get through her past I guess. Well if I was her I also couldn't maybe.

I grabbed her hand and caressed her head.

"I'm here Jes. Nobody can hurt you. Me and granny will keep you safe." I said trying to calm her.

I ran out of the room to make an ice pack.

Coming back with the icepack I didn't waste any time and let the pack touch her now burning forehead. Then I grab her hand again sitting beside her leaning on the side of her bed.

I feel scared....

______🦇______