Confusion everywhere [15]

Emery's POV

It's been awhile since that number incident happened and these days Jungkook isn't looking irritated at all when I'm around. He's not even teasing me or sending me his famous death glares along with hateful words, nor his friends. And the thing that is making me question the reality is infact Taehyung and Jimin became quite close to us and by us of course I mean I and Jes.

Don't judge me but I still don't like that Crystal girl. I just can't I don't know why. Sigh...

Right now I'm standing in front of the coffee shop staring at the figure standing facing me. I was like 😒.

And if you wandering that why only 'I' am standing with this known figure in front of the coffee shop then I sent Jes home before for basically no reason. It was just the shop wasn't crowded, infact it was very few people coming here. So I thought I could manage it well, but good lord I was so wrong. It was exhausting. Anyways back to the point...

"What Jungkook?"

"Was it a coincidence again?"

I asked the person facing me with a bored expression even though I'm so happy that inside my tummy, butterflies are jumping and dancing around.

Jungkook was looking down at his foot while touching the back of his neck.

"No... Actually it's pretty late at night. So... I thought it wouldn't be good for you to go around alone."

Wow... What in the world happened that the Jeon Jungkook is caring about me?

What a dramatic change all of a sudden....

Yes. It's not the first time. He have been coming here to walk home with me using various excuses.

"Oh... I see." I didn't know what else to reply back with. So I just decided to go with the flow.

~~

On the way I couldn't keep my curiosity to myself anymore. Well I never do. But anyways so I was staring at him since he was walking beside me trying to figure out what is wrong with him and too perceptive of me tripped over my own foot.

Yeah I almost fell. 'Almost' cause the Jeon Jungkook cared to catch me in time.

"Will you stop eyeing me and focus on where you are stepping?"

"Oh... Sorry."

"Are you okay though?"

"Yes. I'm fine."

Dumbass. Why the hell did I even trip in the middle of an empty road? I'm really too dumb to be a human. Ughhh...

We started walking again while I was still cursing at myself.

"Emery"

"Mhmm?"

"Do you like me so much?"

I froze. He also stopped walking and looked at me.

Why out of nowhere is he asking about this things?

I looked at him still shooketh and of course with wide eyes.

I know I'm probably looking like a goldfish right now, but bruh who cares? I always look weird.

"Why... are you- why all of a sudden-"

I was in lose of words. It's something new to me. I never expected that he'll ever ask me about this things. So I wasn't prepared.

I was quite clear about the fact that he doesn't like me. So suddenly this question, I didn't know what to say as answer.

"Why are you so shocked? It's okay if you don't want to answer."

Then it was totally silent. None of us spoke any word for a moment.

I was looking down in embarrassment while he spoke.

"Is it that you don't like me anymore?"

His voice somehow sounded.... sad? Isn't it what he want? Then why sad? Maybe it's just me who's thinking too much.

"I see... So that's the case."

"Wait no-"

"It's fine. I understand. I treated you so bad. So it's not impossible."

"It is." I refused what he was saying. But he isn't in the mood to let me speak, so I straight head to him who was standing at a decent distance and grab him by his collar.

Yeah I had lost it. Finally...

"Listen Jeon Jungkook, my love isn't some cheap shit that can change so easily. I love you. I've been loving you for more than 5 years. And now when I'm trying to let you go which is so fucking hard for me, you're degreding my feelings? Can't you see how hard I'm trying? You know what you are an asshole, Jungkook. I don't even know why the fuck do I love you so much!!"

Wow... Wasn't that a little bit too much, Park Emery? You are so fucking stupid. Is this how you are trying to move on? By expressing your loyalty and love?

I quickly release his collar and start to walk away as fast as I can.

He followed behind me as well.

~~

When I was opening the door of my apartment I heard him say "Emery, I didn't want to hurt you by saying those... you know... those things about liking me. I'm sorry." And then I heard the sound of door closing.

He left.

I also got in my house.

"I'm home Jes." I said in a faint voice.

I feel frustrated.

"Jes-" as I entered in the living room, the view quite affected me much as I didn't expect to witness something like this.

I was paused seeing Taehyung on top of Jes and they were umm... unusually close to each other like they were about to... kiss or something?

______🦇______