One sick day [5]

The next day I woke up from Jes poking my cheeks.

"Ahh... Good morning Jes."

"Morning" her voice isn't stable yet.

"How are you feeling? Let's go to the doctor after breakfast. Okay?" I said while checking her temperature.

Her fever isn't totally gone.

"I'm-" I didn't let her finish by cutting off middle of her sentence. "Before you speak I would like to let you know that we're going to the doctor and I ain't taking 'no' or any other excuses of your as answer. So get up and get ready."

"Wow... I don't have any other choice I guess. It was very straight forward." She said smiling at me.

~~

After getting ready we both got in the elevator. As it was almost time for University, Jungkook also got in.

Jes looked at me looking all confused. I gestured her the word 'later' when my phone started to ring.

I recieved the call seeing it was granny.

"Granny!! I was about to call you to say that we aren't going to the university today and I'll be alone helping at the shop today." I said without any break.

"Why? Are you two okay?" I heard granny's concerned voice through the call.

"I'm fine but... Jes isn't. She have a not so good fever. So I'm going to the doctor with her."

"Omo... Wait! I'm also coming."

"Halmeoniiii.... Don't worry. I'll be with her. So you don't have to come."

"Are you sure? I can't trust you. I'm going with you two. Come here at the coffee shop." Granny ordered.

"Okay... Fine..." I gave up.

"And you girl!! Get your university uniform with you. You are going to go study." Granny ordered again.

And I had to do as granny told me. So after reaching to the ground floor I told Jes to wait for me and ran back to our apartment to quickly grab my uniform.

~~

After leaving Jes to granny's care, I straight went to university. I was already late so I didn't attend the first class, but then I didn't miss any.

Cause I will be bored at the cafeteria, I didn't go there at lunch break. Instead I wanted to get some fresh air so I went to  the rooftop.

~~

It has been 15 minutes I'm sitting here just staring at the sky blankly.

I'm not in a good mood. It always works staring at the sky whenever I don't feel well.

I was sitting slightly at the corner so that if somebody else comes here, they won't be bothered by my presence nor they'll bother me.

I was totally lost in the beauty of the blue sky and those little cute clouds floating around here and there wondering if I could also fly in that beautiful sky.

The river of my childish thoughts and dreams suddenly comes to a halt by some giggling sounds which honestly managed to get on my nerves.

It was probably because I was stressed by all those worrying continuously going on in my mind. Not to mention Jes's health is the reason of my worrying.

I got up getting all irritated headed to the way from where this annoying sounds are coming from. When I reached that place I was so ready to throw fire at them but I stopped on my tracks at the sight.

This is the first time I'm seeing Jungkook smiling. No. Laughing.

Without even me knowing, my lips carved into a happy smile.

I thought that today is not that bad maybe... Until he noticed me.

The moment his eyes laid on my smiling face, he went back to his old self as if my face disgusted him.

I didn't feel that bad at this. I felt a sharp pain in my heart when he started to smile again... At some other... girl. And he was even holding her hand so gently that I can feel how much he cared even from far.

I have never seen him being this close to a girl before.

It's like my heart dropped and it skipped a few beats. I didn't even feel my tears forming and leaving my eyes by flowing through my now reddened cheeks.

I was still standing there staring at them like a shameless stupid shit, not until I came back to my senses.

After gathering back my broken heart pieces, I started to run towards the toilet while bumping into people around.

And all this time the only thing I have been thinking is 'Why...? Why it is not me? What did I ever do wrong? Why even after trying my best... even after getting scolded, getting insulted, I never gave up.... Then why not me? Why that smile... I never got to see that smile when I'm with him?... Why it's not me who's hand he's holding? Am I that bad? Am I that worthless? Is it because I'm not pretty or is it because I'm a orphan? Why...? Exactly why?'

I kept thinking and thinking all day.... But there's no answer to this.

I got it... I can never be the one for him. Maybe I'm not good enough to deserve him.

That's it.

I'll just give up....

I thought to myself while my puffy eyes still flowing out it's liquid nonstop.

______🦇______