Chapter15

"Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak."
― Sun Tzu,

*****************

 Nina:

Hopping from one country to another was never on my to-do list, but here I was going from one continent to another.

This morning, our private jet landed on the Russian's lands at 6 a.m. Ethan's morning travel love was something I would never understand. He woke me at the crack of dawn and dragged me to the airport with no explanation.

I rubbed my eyes for the hundredth time so they would remain open. My sleeping beauty was destroyed the moment Ethan Salviatti entered my miserable life.

As usual, a car was waiting for us, and we headed towards our hotel. I decided to benefit from my time in the car and closed my eyes for a few seconds.

Apparently, my nap took longer than I anticipated. I stretched my arms and opened my eyes. I was disoriented for a few moments before I realised I was lying on a bed.

I sat up so quickly my neck cracked loudly. The last thing I remembered before sleep consumed me was closing my eyes in the car. I looked around the luxurious room and swung my legs off the bed.

I opened the door to find myself in a large sitting area where the walls were made of sparkling glass. I stared out the city and was instantly mesmerised by its magnificence. There was something so special about it. The weather was cloudy and promised rain, but I felt soothed with it.

"Do you want some coffee?" I turned around, and there in blue jeans and a white polo shirt that outlined every abs he possessed, Ethan was standing with two steaming hot cups of coffee.

"I would never refuse free coffee," I replied and took the mug he offered me.

"I see you changed your taste this time. From a small motel in Hong Kong, here we are in a five stars hotel." I commented as I took in the details of the living room.

They didn't spare anything to make it look like a design out of a magazine.

"Well, in this mission, you are supposed to be the daughter of a rich duke from Denmark," Ethan said causally, and I sputtered the coffee in my mouth on his t-shirt.

"what?"

"Well, your reaction was better than I expected." He said as he headed towards the kitchen. He took a clean cloth and started cleaning his shirt.

"I want you to clarify what you said moments ago," I demanded.

"You know, when a girl drops her coffee on a man, she apologises and offers to help him clean it. Where are your manners, Miss Castello?" Ethan asked as he advanced towards me.

I took two steps back and looked into his green eyes. "I am not an ordinary girl. You must know that by now. Don't you?" I challenged with a raised eyebrow.

"Maybe you need someone to teach you manners as I see you have forgotten them," Ethan said with an amused smile on his face while getting closer to me.

I took another two steps, and my back hit the counter. I looked at Ethan and raised a challenging eyebrow.

"And didn't your etiquette teachers warned about never surprising a woman with a hot beverage in her mouth?"

Ethan leaned even closer to me, and I could feel his coffee-scented breath tickling my face.

"First of all, I never had etiquette teachers." He said lowly and took a loose strand of my hair and put it behind my ear. "Second, you look beautiful."