Chapter34

Hello everyone! Another Update!

I hope you are all doing well.

Here is a new and long chapter.

Enjoy!

**************

Nina:

It was the day of the assassination Martin was supposed to execute. Thankfully, I didn't have to hold any sessions today. I just sat in my room and waited for the news.

When it was afternoon, and I didn't get any updates, I left my room to roam the halls and get my mind off this damn thing.
Shouting from the swimming pool caught my attention, and I hurried over to see what was happening.

Anna was already standing there, but she didn't notice me. She was engrossed in whatever was happening.

"I hope you learned something from today, Hunter." I heard Ethan telling his brother.

"If you think that your pathetic attempts at taming me will work, then you are the wrong brother. Very wrong," Hunter replied without even looking at Ethan.

"Why are you like this Hunter? Why did you change to this extent?" Ethan lost the edge in his voice and spoke softly.

"Why did I change?" Hunter said dryly. "Do you know me, Ethan? What do you know about me, huh?"

He walked closer to his brother and got in his face. "Let me tell you something, Ethan. I am not the same twelve years old boy you left at the airport. The day you chose to board a plane and leave was the day I decided I am an only child. Don't come back now and feed me some sh*t about you wanting to reconnect with me, and all this cr*p that I would never believe. If you are here for the sole purpose of amending a relationship that never existed in the first place, leave and never look back exactly like you did five years ago."

I saw hurt and regret taking over Ethan's face, and I felt a strange protectiveness towards him. But I decided to stay out of it and see how things would work out.

"I tried to talk with you, to apologize but you never gave me a chance. All I am asking is a chance. Can't you give it to me?" Ethan nearly pleaded.

Hunter laughed bitterly and spoke with venom dripping from his voice.
"A chance? No, I don't give other chances brother."

"What about her? When Mom wakes up, what will she think of you? How do you think she will face the fact that her beloved son turned into an unfeeling and unforgiving man."

I think it was the last straw for Hunter. Ethan was standing toe-to-toe with Hunter, the next moment, he was lying on the ground holding his bleeding nose and Hunter shaking his bruised hand.

"This is why I fought with De Rossi earlier. He mentioned my mother, and you know that no one is allowed to do so apart from family. For me, you are not family Ethan, so don't say her name again in front of me."

With those words, he made his way to the exit doors. He was so blinded with rage he was not seeing reason. The look in his eyes was one of a berserk bull. He didn't even notice me standing there.

"One day Hunter, you will know the truth. I was wrong when I left, and I am sorry. But even if the time repeats itself, I will take the same decision." Ethan said between grunts of pain. I didn't understand why he was bothering with words.

I couldn't hear the words exchanged between Anna and Hunter. But the jerk didn't give her the chance to speak and left her standing in the doorway.

The poor girl watched him leave with sorrow in her blue eyes. She shook her head and entered the swimming pool.
"Are you okay?" she asked Ethan concernedly.