Prologue

"I can tell you everything that happens during my day, but I can't even speak about the small things inside my heart. Do you call this love, Nina?" Ethan said with a defeated voice.

I sat beside him and clasped his hand. "Love? I don't know the meaning of this word, Ethan."

"You don't need a dictionary to understand it. You just need to let go and live. It will come to you eventually. Heck, it is in front of you, but you are blind to the point of not seeing it." With those words, he dropped his hands from mine and left the room.

I knew it would come to this. Good things never last, I always drive them away.

*******************

"I am only human, Ethan. I can't take any more of this crap. I am done." Nina said with difficulty. I shook my head and tried to soothe her with my words.

"No, you need to fight. You can't let go now. I want to find you waiting for me at the end of this road." I ran my hands through her chocolate brown hair and cradled her cold body closer to mine.

"Let it go, Ethan. I arrived at the end of my story. You can carry on without me. You are stronger than me. You can finish the race without any help." She said with her voice nearly inaudible, and to my horror, she closed her eyes, leaving me alone.

How can I always manage to lose the people I love? Is it a curse? Or is it fate playing a cruel game with me?

*********************