Chapter36

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well.

The story is nearing the end. Buckle your belts because the action will start.

Enjoy!

****************

Ethan:

It was a long two cold months full of action and chaos in Russia. I threw my tired body on my bed and closed my eyes. I needed some rest so I can face a new day.

I didn't realise I was sleeping until my phone's ringing woke me up. I blindly reached over and answered without looking at the caller's ID. I was pretty sure it was Nina calling to chew me out after I didn't call her for nearly two weeks.

"Hello," A woman's voice answered from the other side.

"Who are you?" I was not in the mood for any introductions.

"It's Melissa," Oh god! I was out of it to the point of not recognising her.

"So sorry, Mel. I am exhausted." I said apologetically.

"It is okay. Sorry to disturb you, but it is urgent." I could sense the panic in her voice, and it got me worried.

"What's the matter?" I sat up on my bed and gave her my full attention.

"Enzo went awol on us. I have been trying to reach him for the past week, but nothing worked so far."

I ran my hand through my already dishevelled hair and raked my brain through the possibilities.

"I am worried about him." Melissa's words brought me back to reality, and I tried to reassure her with my words. "I will get to him, don't worry."

"Call me back when you reach him," Melissa said before ending the call.

I sighed and dialled Enrique's number. I didn't bother trying Enzo's number since I knew he won't respond.

"Hello, boss," came the ever-cheerful greeting.

"I need your services." I cut straight to the matter at hand.

"Thank you, I am fine, and you?" Enrique commented sarcastically.

"I don't appreciate your humour at the moment. I want you to locate Enzo as soon as possible."

"Ah-huh the charming prince pulled one of his disappearing stunts again."

"That was a low blow, and you know it."

At hearing the tone in my voice, Enrique cleared his throat and spoke seriously for the first time since this conversation started. "I will do my best, Ethan. You know me, even though I hate the bastard, I hate his father more."

"I am counting on you because I know you won't let me down."

"By the way, I have news. I was going to call you tomorrow," Enrique said.
"Are they good or bad?" I asked, already dreading the answer.

"Depends on how you see them. But I have the name of the traitor and all the details. I will give them to you in person in case your phone is tracked."

"Is it what I suspected all along?" I asked with dread forming in the pit of my stomach.

"Unfortunately, yes. Your doubts were right." Enrique answered apologetically.

"Alright, we will arrange for a meeting when it is suitable for both of us."

Enrique didn't say another word, and it was my cue to end the call. I didn't get the chance to dwell on the topics we covered as my phone went off again.