Chapter26

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well. Here is a new chapter.
Enjoy!

*************

Nina:

I watched with a soft smile the interaction between Lillian and Jackson. The love in their eyes for each other was overwhelming.

It made me wonder if Aria and I looked at each other this way. I shook my head at the silly thought. I never saw anything but adoration in Aria's eyes. I was her idol, and she loved me beyond words.

My thoughts were interrupted when Ethan stormed down the stairs. He didn't even pause to say farewell to his family. "We are flying to New York. Get ready, Nina."

Ethan ordered in his no-nonsense voice. It was so long ago since he used that tone with me. Lillian raised an eyebrow. "What crawled up his ass this early?" I shrugged my shoulders at her question and turned around to head to our room.

Living with Ethan taught me a lot of things. One of them was packing in fifteen minutes. I whirled my bag downstairs where Ethan was waiting with his duffle bag over his shoulder and Lillian invading his personal space, her hands on her hips.

"You must tell me why are you leaving all of sudden?" She demanded.

"I have a business I must attend to," Ethan said calmly, but I could tell his patience was at its end.

"Your business is in Switzerland with Enzo. What do you have in New York?" Lillian insisted, and I held my breath, waiting for Ethan's reaction.

"Stop bothering your cousin, Lillian. He has a flight to catch." Jasper spoke sternly from the top of the stairs.

Relief crossed Ethan's features because he knew Lillian would continue her pestering without Jasper's intervention.

Jasper came down the stairs and put his full attention on Lillian who was now giving him a defiant look. "You are on what happens, but you won't tell me. It is okay, I have my ways to get information. Sooner or later I will know everything."

Lillian huffed angrily, but she leaned over and kissed Ethan's cheek before heading upstairs with Enzo on her heels.

Jasper shook his head, exasperated with Lillian's antics before he put his hands on Ethan's shoulders and moved close to whisper something into his ear to which Ethan just nodded his head. With a final squeeze, Jasper left.

Finally, it was only the two of us. I expected Ethan to explain things, but he only turned his back to me and walked out the door expecting me to follow him. I swallowed my anger and got inside the car after putting my luggage away.

The ride to the airport was silent, and as expected a jet was waiting for us. The moment we got settled, Ethan took out his laptop and started typing.

I was shocked by his behaviour but let it go for now. If he decided to ignore me, I would return the favour and do the same. I concentrated on my phone and answered some of my emails while contacting Lexie as well to see how they were doing.

After a long trip filled with silence and naps, we finally landed.

Anger was the dominant emotion taking over my body. I felt like punching Ethan in the face and giving him a black eye.

Ethan dismissed his driver and got behind the wheel. I expected we would stay in a hotel like last time, but Ethan kept going through a highway for at least one hour.

He came to a stop in front of a large apartment building. It was the only one in the area which made me curious. Continuing his silent treatment, Ethan exited the car and waited for me to join him. We took the elevator to the last storey where Ethan opened the door to the first apartment.