Chapter23

Hello everyone!

I hope you are all doing well and in good health. I don't have the words to express my sincere apologies because I didn't post for a very long time.

I am seriously questioning my writing skills and the story process. Is it really that bad? I was hoping for more votes and comments, but got nothing for a long time. Anyway, I will try my best to be more active, guys.

Here is the new long chapter!

Enjoy!

**************
Previously in the "fall of our secrets":

Enzo's eyes shot open, and he looked at me in disbelief. "You have got to be kidding me. Good night everyone."

He said and hurried out of the room, followed by Lillian, who poked her head back in the room seconds later.

"I am happy you finally realised you are a couple material. Congratulations."

"I hope you are enjoying the chaos of my family," I spoke in the now silent space.

"Every second of it."

"We should retire for the night. We have a long day ahead of us." I suggested while I ran my finger through Nina's soft curls.

"I am comfortable here." Nina breathed and snuggled deeper into my arms.

"Another ten minutes." I granted with a pleased voice. I was comfortable as well with her in my arms.

******************

Nina:

Sleeping was a lost cause. I tossed and turned in my bed, but my eyes refused to stay closed.

The room's ceiling became interesting, and I found myself counting the small designs over and over.

Today's events and Ethan's words kept replaying inside my head. He wanted us to go steady. He asked me to be his girlfriend which was something I never dreamed about.

His words, his looks, everything about him made me feel foreign things inside my heart. Officially, Ethan Salviatti had my heart in his hands.

I am eager to see the day he crashes it when he learns that you are a traitor.
And surprise! My conscience ruined the moment.

As if on cue, my phone rang. I groaned and took it from the bedside table. It was a private number, and it didn't settle well with me. I sighed in frustration and answered.

"Hello, my dear girl," As expected Alberto's voice boomed from the other side.

"What do you want at this hour?" I asked getting grouchy by the second.

"Is this the way you greet your boss?" Alberto said in mock sadness, and I rolled my eyes at him even though I knew he couldn't see me. "I want the whole details about your missions. You went awol on me since you reported your first mission with Ethan Salviatti." Alberto's voice turned serious.

"I didn't have the time for chatting with you. It was a hectic three months with us hopping from one country to another."

"I want details, Nina." Alberto barked, not wanting any excuses from me and losing his already thin patience.

And like that, I spent the next hour recalling the events I lived in full detail, leaving out the fact I am Ethan's girlfriend. He didn't need to know this information. What he doesn't know won't hurt him or me for that matter.

"You are doing a great job so far, Nina. I think you earned their trust." Alberto praised, and I rolled my eyes since I knew his words were only meant to placate me. "Once you receive the details of your last mission, contact me. I must know the details as soon as possible." Alberto instructed in his business voice.