Chapter28

Hello everyone,
I hope you are doing well. Here is a new chapter.
Enjoy!

************

Nina:

I walked inside my room and closed the door softly. My heartbeats were over the top. It wasn't because of my fight with Ethan or the way he looked at me as if I was the worst person on the face of earth.

No, it was because I finally dared to kill Alberto. I looked at my shaking hands and smiled in victory.

I did it, I killed the man who tormented me for years. I killed the man who had my life in his grasp and kept squeezing and squeezing taking the breath out of me.

At first, I hesitated and weighed the pros and cons of my decision and determined killing him was the best solution. I would get rid of him, have my freedom and start a new life. Meanwhile, Ethan would get his revenge as well and everything would be fine. I knew it was not the way he wanted it to be, but still, it was revenge nonetheless. There was no greater punishment than death.

I knew I betrayed Ethan, and he might never trust me again. But I will do my best to make it up to him and earn his forgiveness.

It would be hard, and knowing Ethan, he would make me suffer to give it. It will be alright, I will tell him the whole truth and stay by his side until he has the heart to forgive me.

For now, I had more pressing issues I must attend to. I took my phone, the one Ethan had no idea I have in my possession.

You are keeping a lot of secrets from him. I wonder how will he react when you tell him the truth.

I shook my head at those thoughts. From today onwards, I would not keep any secrets from him. There would not be any lies or deception.

After the second ring, Lexie's voice came from the other side. "Hello, Nina, how are you?"

"I am fine. No, I am great. I have a lot of things to tell you. Where are you staying?" I asked with a smile?

"After you called and asked us to go into hiding, I reserved a hotel room on the outskirts of the city. It is a two hours drive from your apartment." Lexie informed me with a sigh.

"Is everything okay, Lexie?" I asked in concern.

There was a pause on the other side before Lexie answered with a chuckle. "Yes, I am just a bit tired, nothing major. Are you coming?"

"Yes, of course. Send me the exact location, and I will be there this afternoon." I confirmed and cut the call after saying goodbye to Lexie and telling her to keep my visit a secret so I could surprise Aria.

I selected blue jeans, a yellow hoodie and white sneakers. I took my phone, put it in my back pants pocket and headed out of the room.

The house was quiet and after checking all the rooms, I realised Ethan went out. I sighed and made sure my gun was loaded and well hidden.

I opened the door and was not surprised to see four bodyguards standing at the entrance. I ignored them and started walking to the elevator.

One of them was brave enough to block my path. I raised an eyebrow and waited for his explanation.

"I am sorry, Miss Castello. We have orders to ban you from leaving the house. Please, get back inside."

The man spoke politely, but his words rubbed me the wrong way. I laughed out loud at his words and was satisfied at the confused look that took over his face.

"I am giving you one chance. Move away and let me pass."

I gave it to the man. He didn't flinch and stood like a wall in front of me. My stern voice didn't move him. It is time for action.