Chapter43

Hello everyone!

How are you doing?

This is the last chapter of this story.

I hope you will enjoy it!

****************
Ethan:

I wanted Nina to stay with me longer, but she looked tired, and I let her go to her room. It was the last night she would be sleeping alone. Tomorrow, I will take her on a date and make everything right between us.

I focused back on the computer screen and sent the last email my father wanted. He was pushing me to my limits with his endless requests.

The ringtone of my phone brought me out of my thoughts. I frowned at seeing Enzo's name.

It was nearly midnight, and I was surprised he was calling that late. My confusion increased when a girl's voice came through the speaker.

"I need help," she cried between hiccups.

"Calm down, who are you?" I asked

"I am Maria, Enzo's fiance. We were going home from dinner when a group of burly men assaulted us. They hit Enzo in the head, and he is unconscious now." She managed to say.

"Alright, send me your location, and I will be there in a minute."

I said and ran upstairs to Nina's room. I needed her assistance in case we faced another attack. I knocked on her door twice, but she didn't respond.

I smiled as I remembered she was a heavy sleeper. I opened the door and found the bed empty. The bathroom door was wide open and I ran inside in case she was sick again. Nothing there as well. I noticed the open window and looked out to see the rope made of bedsheets.

Damn! I cursed and started walking to the door. A piece of paper on the nightstand caught my attention, and I looked at it. My heart skipped a beat as I read the words and saw her wedding ring in there. She ran away! Where did she go?

The bracelet! Yes, she still had it. I turned on my phone and logged in to the tracker I attached to it. There she was, a green dot moving towards - wait a minute- the New York Gallery? What the hell?

I ran to the garage and immediately detected the missing motorcycle. I got inside my car and started driving at top speed.

I dialled Jackson's number and was thankful when he answered. "What do you need at this hour of the night?"

"Enzo needs help. I will send you the location. Take some men with you as I am not aware of the situation."

"Got it. Will we meet there?" Jackson asked.

"No, I have another matter to solve. My wife made a new mess I need to take care of."

"Good luck, bro," Jackson said and ended the call.

I could hear the alarms miles away. What did you do, Nina? I pressed harder on the gas and parked hurriedly.

Five armed men were blocking the entrance, and I cursed. I could easily take them on but wasting time wasn't on my agenda. Also, I didn't want to put the attention on me.

Plan B, I phoned Dad and waited until he responded. I didn't give him the chance to complain about the late call. "I need entry to the New York Gallery,"

"I don't even want to know why so I will refrain from asking. I will make the calls." Dad said and ended the call.

Five minutes later, I received a message from Dad. "You are in the clear."

The armed men parted and let me pass without question. The moment I was inside, I heard a gunshot. I took off at my top speed and nearly fell on my face when I heard the second one.