(7) The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing

Chapter Seven

The rest of the week passed by slowly and torturously. Kyle and I hung out a lot just like we always do but every now and then he would say or do something strange. I wasn't angry at him or anything like that but I was starting to worry about him. It was obvious that something was bothering him and the fact that he didn't trust me enough to tell me was killing me.

My relationship with Randy is still a bit shaky and very awkward to say the least. He's been talking to me again since we agreed to be friends but it feels forced. I can clearly see how much I hurt him and how much he still loves me. Sometimes it is so bad that I just want to tell him that I don't want to be friends with him, just so that I don't have to see the pain in his eyes.

Olivia has been really friendly with me and even invited me to go shopping with her after school. She wanted to buy a new outfit for the party. I didn't want to but went along anyway. I hated lying to her but I couldn't get myself to tell her what happened between me and Craig. She would hate me and I didn't want to hurt another person. I was already battling to deal with Randy.

Since our kiss in the hallway Craig hasn't really spoken to me again. It was as if he was ignoring me, which really hurt. He did say that I should go to the party tonight though, giving me a bit of hope.

Kyle was lying on my bed, already dressed and ready to go. He had on black skinny jeans, a black long sleeve shirt with a skeleton on the front and his famous big black boots. I on the other hand couldn't decide what to wear. I wanted to look hot without coming across as a complete slut.

"I'm not going," I complained, falling down on my bed next to Kyle.

"Fine with me," he replied, jokingly. I slapped him on his chest and pushed myself up into a sitting position.

"Help me please," I begged, if I didn't get dressed now we would be so late that we might as well just stay at home.

"You want me to pick out something for you to wear?" Kyle questioned, grinning at me.

"Yes," I replied, hoping I wasn't making a mistake.

"Ok, you asked for it," he replied jokingly.

He got up from my bed, walked over to my cupboard and started going through my clothes. It took him a few minutes but when he handed me the clothes he had picked, it was the perfect outfit. It was a washed out, low cut, tight fitting denim. A little black top, that when worn with that denim showed off a piece of my stomach and some black high heels.

"You're a life saver," I breathed, jumping off from my bed.

"Nah, I just know what looks good on you," he replied, smiling at me. His comment made me blush which was weird but I brushed it away and started stripping.

"Whoa, don't you want me to leave the room first?" Kyle asked from beside me.

"Doesn't really matter, now does it? It's not like you're going to like what you see anyway," I replied as I slipped off my pants. I've changed in front of him before so I didn't think it was a big deal.

When I was finally dressed, I quickly did my hair and makeup before we left. We drove to the party in my car and had to park across the street from Olivia's house. Her front yard and the street running in front of her house were already packed with cars. Loud music was blasting out of the house and kids were everywhere.

As we made our way across the street and over the lawn a naked girl came running past us. She had a drink in her hands and was laughing at the guy chasing her. I shook my head, not even wanting to know what happened.

"Do you want something to drink?" Kyle asked once we were inside.

"Yes, please," I replied, having to shout over the music for him to hear me. He nodded his head and then disappeared into the crowd. I made my way across the living room that had been transformed into a dance floor and found Olivia on the other side. She was standing with a bunch of girls but ran over to me as soon as she saw me.

"I'm so glad you came!" she squealed as she gave me a huge hug.

"Me too," I replied, not really sure if I was. I've been confused about a lot of things lately.

Kyle found me a few minutes later and handed me a shot glass and a normal glass. He had one of each for himself as well so we downed the shots and then slowly drank the other one. The music was good so we danced to a few songs before I decided that I needed some fresh air. It was getting really hot inside and I just wanted to cool down. We got ourselves some more drinks and then went outside into Olivia's back yard.

It was huge, with a swimming pool and Jacuzzi. A bunch of kids were diving into the water like crazy people so I didn't dare go close to them. I really didn't want to end up drowning tonight. We sat down on the grass at the edge of the yard to relax a bit when Craig came walking out of the house. I noticed him immediately and just the sight of him caused my tummy to flip.

He looked around as if he was looking for somebody and then a big smile crossed his sexy face as his eyes focused on me. He looked into the house for a second and then quickly made his way over to us.

I was getting more excited and nervous with every step he took. Maybe we were really going to sneak off like I had imagined. Maybe he would kiss me again and just maybe he would tell me that he was going to dump Olivia for me.

"Hi Luce," he said as he reached us. I looked up at him and had to remind myself to breath.

"Hi," I replied with a shaky voice.

"I was wondering if we could talk." Craig asked, smiling at me.

"Yeah ok," I agreed, cursing myself under my breath. I knew I shouldn't be doing this but I just couldn't stop myself. I knew I was going to wind up hurting Olivia if I go ahead with it but it was like all sense of right and wrong left my mind whenever I was around Craig.

"I'll see you later," I said to Kyle as I got up from where we were sitting. He didn't say anything but nodded his head. He didn't look very happy but then again his been acting really strange lately. I'll ask him again what's wrong tomorrow I decided and then focused all my attention on Craig.

He was looking as hot as ever and I had to stop myself from drooling as I followed him deeper into Olivia's back yard.