(21) The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing

Chapter Twenty One

“That was horrible,” Kyle complained as we walked back to the car after the movie.

“No it wasn’t!” I yelled, punching him lightly on the shoulder.

“Oh come on, the guy couldn’t even act,” he replied, trying to keep a straight face.

“That’s rubbish, he was brilliant,” I argued, stomping my foot and causing Kyle to burst out with laughter.

“Have I ever told you how cute you look when you are angry?” he asked, smiling teasingly at me.

“Yip, about a million times,” I replied, smiling too.

“Well, I’ve never told it to you while kissing you,” he whispered as he took a step closer and placed both his hands on my hips.

“You… look… really… adorable… when… you… are… angry,” he said between kisses,” leaving me speechless and wanting more.

When he was done torturing me he led me to his car and opened the door for me. I got in and watched as he walked around, lusting after him. He is really hot and now that he is mine I didn’t have to hide the fact that I was looking.

We listened to music as we drove back to our motel and Kyle insisted that I waited for him to open the door for me. He was being so sweet and I couldn’t get over how lucky I am to have it.

Once we were inside and all alone I could feel myself getting nervous again. Not because I was scared of being alone with him, in fact I was really looking forward to being alone with him, but because the anticipation of what might happen was killing me.

I threw my purse down on the little dresser and turned to look at him. The room was dimly lit by a lamp we had turned on when we entered and I had to concentrate on breathing since looking at him almost really took my breath away.

“What?” he asked as his lips turned up into a smile.

“Nothing,” I whispered, looking away as I blushed.

“Oh come on, tell me what you were thinking,” Kyle asked walking closer to me. I looked up into his eyes and had to look away again.

“No,” I replied, very aware of how close he was to me.

“Please,” he begged, placing his hand under my chin and lifting it so that I had to look at him. He still had a smile on his face but he was gazing very intensely into my eyes, making it impossible for me to look away.

“Please,” he breathed, taking another step closer so that our bodies were touching and I could taste his breath on my lips.

“I was thinking of how amazingly hot you are,” I admitted and watched as his eyes lit up with happiness.

I could feel myself blushing as I spoke the words but I didn’t really have much time to feel embarrassed because as soon as I was done talking his lips crashed onto mine. He kissed me so tenderly that all my thoughts completely disappeared and was replaced by only one. The thought of how much I love him and how much I wanted him.

I grabbed a hold of his shirt and pulled it over his head, letting it fall to the floor. He moaned with pleasure and started pushing me back towards the bed as our lips met again. As we reached the bed, he pulled away and looked at me with a pained expression on his face.

“What’s wrong?” I asked nervously, hoping I didn’t do something wrong.

“You’re really making this hard for me,” Kyle answered.

“What do you mean?”I questioned, not really understanding what he was getting at.

“Waiting,” he replied.

“Oh, but I thought you would want to,” I stated but it sounded more like a question.

“I do, I want to make love to you more than anything but there is something really important I have to do first,” he replied.

“What’s that?” I asked confused. I had absolutely no idea what he was talking about.

“You’ll see, just give me a few days,” he begged.

“I’m not sure I can wait that long,” I replied teasingly as I took a step closer to him. He groaned but smiled at my words.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him passionately before pulling away.

“You can have as many days as you need as long as I know you are mine,” I stated honestly. I wanted to make love to him but I would wait as long as he needed me too.

“Thank you,” he whispered before kissing me again.

When we finally pulled away we were both breathless and decided that it was time to get some sleep. We still had a long way before we got home and we wanted to make an early start in the morning so we changed into our pajamas and got into bed. Kyle held me tightly and I fell asleep in his arms.

When we woke up the next morning I was feeling refreshed and excited for what the day might hold. Kyle was still sleeping so I took a long hot shower and then woke him up with only a towel wrapped around me. I had the right to tease him a bit now that he was mine. His eyes lingered over my exposed body and then he shook his head with a grin on his face.

“I’m going to take a shower,” he stated as he moved away from me and got out of bed. He was still smiling and I couldn’t help but laugh as he made his way to the bathroom.

While he was showering I got dressed in a pair of faded jeans, a black top and black boots. Next I straightened my hair and added a bit of makeup. I didn’t want to overdo it since we were going to be on the road for most of the day but I still wanted to look pretty for Kyle.

We ordered breakfast at a little take away shop and ate in a nearby park before leaving. The road we took was long and quiet so we chatted, joked and listened to our favorite songs. We weren’t doing anything special but I was really happy and I could tell that Kyle was too since he had a permanent smile on his face.

At first I thought that things might change between us and become awkward now that we had admitted our feelings to each other but it didn’t. We were still best friends and I didn’t feel uncomfortable around him for a second. In fact things seemed to be much better and much easier now because I could kiss him whenever I wanted too.

Of course I blushed and felt very self conscious whenever I did but Kyle made it so easy for me that my insecurities faded as soon as our lips touched.