(22) The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing

Chapter Twenty Two

We camped out by a river in our tent that night and set off on the road again the next morning. I could tell that Kyle was tired so I decided to drive while he operated the stereo. I had a blast just like the previous day and when we pulled into a motel for the night I decided that it was time I gave my mom a call.

She’s been so busy with work that I never really got to explain to her what happened between me and Randy and I figured that I should probably let her know that Kyle and I will be home sometime the next day.

I caught her at a good time and I could tell that she was really happy to hear from me. She said that she had some time to talk since she and her colleagues all decided to take the night off. The hearing that they’ve been working so hard on was officially starting tomorrow and they were all very tired. She also told me that she was out of town for the hearing and would be staying at a motel a few towns away for the duration of it.

I was happy about that fact and decided not to tell her about Kyle and I being together, just in case she didn’t want him staying over. I will tell her when she gets back, in fact I will ask Kyle to tell her. She really likes him and he might be able to convince her to agree that he could still stay over.

I did tell her about Craig, Olivia and Sophia though and that Kyle and I cut our trip short and that we were going to be home tomorrow. I could tell that she felt guilty that she wouldn’t be able to be there for me but I assured her that I was ok and that Kyle was going to be staying with me so she didn’t have to worry.

I didn’t want to dwell on the topic so I asked her how her case was going. We talked for another few minutes and then we said goodbye. All the time while I was on the phone Kyle was sitting on the bed, drawing in his sketch book.

“Am I allowed to see now?” I asked, moving closer to him.

“No,” Kyle stated as he closed his sketch pad and placed it down on the bedside table.

“What do you mean no? You claim that you love me but you won’t even show me your drawings,” I complained, trying to keep a straight face but failing miserably.

“That’s really unfair, you know that I love you,” Kyle replied, grabbing a hold of my waist and pushing me down on the bed. He hovered above me for a second and then an evil smile crossed his face.

“What?” I asked, knowing that look all too well.

“I think you need to be punished for what you just said,” he replied as he laid down on top of me.

My heart skipped a beat and my whole body started to tingle with excitement as he gently traced my lips with his tongue. I wrapped my arms around his neck and tangled my hands into his hair as I pulled him closer and kissed him passionately. He kissed me back but then pulled away laughing.

“What’s so funny?” I whispered, out of breath. He sat up with one of his legs on both side of me, pinning me to the bed before answering.

“I know what you’re thinking but you’re going to have to wait a little longer,” Kyle replied, still smiling evilly.

“That’s not fair, you’re killing me,” I complained as I grabbed his arms and tried to pull him closer to me. He was much stronger and laughed at me until I gave up.

“Tomorrow night,” Kyle stated, looking me straight it the eyes.

“Tomorrow night what?” I asked, confused.

“Tomorrow night I will make love to you but now I should really get to punishing you,” Kyle replied as he started tickling me.

I laughed and laughed until he stopped and I was heaving for breath but while he tickled me I couldn’t stop thinking about what he had just said.

Kyle knows I don’t like to be tickled so he didn’t overdo it and got off of me after a minute or two. He looked at me expectantly, probably thinking that I  would  be angry at him for tickling me but I wasn’t, I don’t think I could ever really be angry at him. I sat up and took a deep breath to calm myself down before climbing onto his lap.

“Really?” I asked, wanting to make sure that he wasn’t just joking.

“Really what?” Kyle asked, pretending not to know what I was talking about.

“Are you really going to make love to me tomorrow night?” I asked, feeling my insides turn with excitement.

“That all depends on you,” Kyle chuckled making me groan.

“Stop teasing me,” I breathed as he leaned closer to me.

“So you really want to make love to me?” Kyle asked, whispering into my ear and causing my body to break out into goosebumps.

“Yes,” I breathed, barely managing to say something.

“Then yes, I am really going to make love to you tomorrow night,” Kyle answered before crashing his lips onto mine.

I felt the world starting to spin around me and then I couldn’t get myself to think about anything except for the way his hands felt on my body and the way his lips tasted against mine. He pulled me closer and I moved so that I was straddling him with my legs. He moaned in the back of his throat as I moved my hands down his chest and grabbed a hold of the hem of his shirt.

I was about to pull it off when he grabbed a hold of my hands and spun me around so that I was lying on my back with him on top of me. He kissed me hard and then moved off of me, breathing heavily.

“If I don’t stop now, I won’t be able to at all,” he said, answering my unasked question.

“I don’t want you to stop,” I replied, smiling teasingly at him.

“Trust me, it’s not that I want to, I just really want to do something first,” Kyle stated, lying down next to me.